Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 03:50 AM

1 posts, read 21,355 times

Advertisements

theres not any MS 13 here. that's all hollywood and news hype.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:49 PM

504 posts, read 1,450,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaineT View Post
theres not any MS 13 here. that's all hollywood and news hype.
its small, but gaining in certain areas in san antonio. message me and i could give specifics.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:42 PM

141 posts, read 562,027 times
i herd from my dad that back in the 60s that the biggest gang in the city was Ghost Town, and the gang was pretty much the "MS13 of the 60s and early 70s"

Old 08-26-2008, 04:59 AM

3 posts, read 63,763 times
I remember the Gangs in 'San Anto' growing up here in Culebra Park in the NW Side of this city. Holmes HS had a 'big gang problem' in the Late 80's and Early 90's. Of course, there was the Klan and the Klik. There were different facets of the Klan. The Original Klan was created by the San Antonio Newsmedia in the late 1980's because they would run around in groups and get into pretty big brawls. Actually, the Klan used to tag their motto as 'The Clan' but changed it to the Klan because everybody was adding "K" to their name like the Klik and Kings. The Klan was heavily situated in the NW side of San Antonio and was primarily of Hispanic membership with extentions to Anglos and Blacks as well. The Klan was divided into two factions, one being at Jefferson HS and the other at Holmes. The Klanners are Jefferson HS were started up by the Silva Bros. in the early 80's and those 'Dirties' kicked ASS! And the Klanners are Holmes were a bunch of 'pretty boys.' You could identify the Klan by what they wore. The Original Klanners wore brown constuction boots called 'Redwings' and then later evolved to the BlackPull up Redwings, dressing along with Polo shirts identifying themselves with a White University of Texas Longhorns Cap. The Klik originated at Jefferson HS, from what I've been told, by the Romo Bros. and wanted to be a part of the Klan at Jeff HS, but they were rejected and eventually formed their core membership which they later called themselves the 'Bud Boys' after the Budweiser Beer Logo and that's how they originated themselves with the 'Red Rag' which later evolved into the group becoming the Klik. The Klik was somewhat different than the Klan and sought out to spread it affluence to other parts of the city expanding to Taft HS, Harlandale HS, Memorial HS, and to a few other schools as well. The Klan eventually died out at Jefferson and the Klik consolidated power and took over that public instituion of higher learning. The Klan at Holmes remained in existance but had undergone some evolutionary changes. In the early 90's, what was to be known as the 'Holmes Klan' at the Time, the 'Holmes Klan' was fighting a multifront war against the Klik who made alliances with other gangs in the city at the time, notably with gangs from John Jay HS being 'The Boyz Club,' The Young Country (YC's) and the NSR's (Northside Rollers), the Powerheads by Edison HS along with some skinhead groups like the Sharps who proclaimed themselves to be (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice). They all tried to take the Holmes Klan out, but they were NEVER successful in their means to do so. Eventually, the Klan consolidated their powerbase and retook Holmes in 1991 after the passage of the Muskee Klik which at the time had grown big to become the major gang at the school. They had referred to themselves as the HK (Holmes Klik). The reason they had grown so big was because alot of the original Klanners at Holmes HS had been kicked out for things such as fighting or not adhering to the school conduct policy or they just plainly dropped out of school, many different reasons. The Klan then reemerged with a new generation of Hispanic youth ready to emulate the 'urban myth legends' and stories that they had always heard about growing up from older siblings and relatives. I will discuss the Second Wave of Gang Membership at a different time because times were changing with the emergence of the "Folks Up and Down" phenomena that hit the City of 'San Anto' by storm and originated in the Southside of San Anto which was Known then as the CG's (Chicago Gangsters). On a personal note, I am glad that violence no longer permates in our city as it once did from 88-through the entire decade of the Nineties. When the movie, "Colors" came out in 1988 and the rap group N.W.A (*****s With Attitude) came out with "Straight Outta of Compton" as well, those two things in the media also contributed 'overnight' to the establishment and to the 'explosion' of Gang Violence and Rivalries that affected our city.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:10 AM

Ever heard of 'The Fellas, ETG's East Terrace Gangsters, TOB's The Olmes Boys, The BBC/BBZ The Bad Boy Club which later changed to 'Bad Boyz?' Ambrose (Cano Bros), LA Boyz and Damage Inc. both were of the same 'blue rag' and went to war with each other. There was also RQ Stompers and the 'Powerheads' by Edison and North St. Mary's area. The BC's (Bad Company) by Southwest HS and eventually spread to Delfino St on the Westside and 19th St by Lanier HS, establishing new branches. Anybody recall the 'Blue Circle?' What about the 'Black Circle?' The Campeon Bros. from the PO's (Puro Ochos? A's (Ambrose by Fab Dog and Curly Cano?" What about the 'Lords?'

Old 08-26-2008, 05:19 AM

The Holmes Klan eventually died out in name but not in it's membership. It absorbed the members of the former BBC (Bad Boys Club) and what emerged from that later became to be known as the C.P.K (Culebra Park Klan).

Old 08-26-2008, 06:11 AM

14,637 posts, read 34,869,877 times
And if these little thugs would put the same amount of effort into their schoolwork as they do creating all these cute little names and signs, and tagging up the place, they might actually do something with their lives. But no, they want to act like idiots so they end up in jail. What a waste. Can't anyone talk any sense into them? I mean, from the outside looking in, it makes absolutely no sense. Even the "sense of belonging" part is odd. I "belonged", even in my broken family growing up. I "belonged" at school--in the Art club, German club, etc. I "belonged" at my job. I don't get it and never will.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:30 AM

504 posts, read 1,450,809 times
actually alot of these cute little thugs wind up becoming teachers and counselors. usually the best ones because of their perspective in the their particular field.

an attitude like you are displaying is why no one cares to fix the problem, but would rather be part of the problem in one form or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And if these little thugs would put the same amount of effort into their schoolwork as they do creating all these cute little names and signs, and tagging up the place, they might actually do something with their lives. But no, they want to act like idiots so they end up in jail. What a waste. Can't anyone talk any sense into them? I mean, from the outside looking in, it makes absolutely no sense. Even the "sense of belonging" part is odd. I "belonged", even in my broken family growing up. I "belonged" at school--in the Art club, German club, etc. I "belonged" at my job. I don't get it and never will.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:30 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,431,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I agree, Sapphire. I grew up in that element and was fortunate enough never to have ended up a loser. Everyone wants to excuse these thugs because of how they grew up, where they lived, etc. While there are those who "grow out" of thug life, they are few and far between. More often than not, they end up in prison or dead.

My kids grew up when gangs were even more prevalent and neither of them ever joined a gang or participated in any criminal activity. As a single mom, it was my responsibility to see that my kids towed the line and, if they ever got out of line, they had to deal with me. Fortunately, my kids were more afraid of what I would do to them than they were of any gang out there. They knew better than to mess with mom!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:31 AM

472 posts, read 1,785,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano_Art View Post
I remember the Gangs in 'San Anto' growing up here in Culebra Park in the NW Side of this city. Holmes HS had a 'big gang problem' in the Late 80's and Early 90's. Of course, there was the Klan and the Klik. There were different facets of the Klan. The Original Klan was created by the San Antonio Newsmedia in the late 1980's because they would run around in groups and get into pretty big brawls. Actually, the Klan used to tag their motto as 'The Clan' but changed it to the Klan because everybody was adding "K" to their name like the Klik and Kings. The Klan was heavily situated in the NW side of San Antonio and was primarily of Hispanic membership with extentions to Anglos and Blacks as well. The Klan was divided into two factions, one being at Jefferson HS and the other at Holmes. The Klanners are Jefferson HS were started up by the Silva Bros. in the early 80's and those 'Dirties' kicked ASS! And the Klanners are Holmes were a bunch of 'pretty boys.' You could identify the Klan by what they wore. The Original Klanners wore brown constuction boots called 'Redwings' and then later evolved to the BlackPull up Redwings, dressing along with Polo shirts identifying themselves with a White University of Texas Longhorns Cap. The Klik originated at Jefferson HS, from what I've been told, by the Romo Bros. and wanted to be a part of the Klan at Jeff HS, but they were rejected and eventually formed their core membership which they later called themselves the 'Bud Boys' after the Budweiser Beer Logo and that's how they originated themselves with the 'Red Rag' which later evolved into the group becoming the Klik. The Klik was somewhat different than the Klan and sought out to spread it affluence to other parts of the city expanding to Taft HS, Harlandale HS, Memorial HS, and to a few other schools as well. The Klan eventually died out at Jefferson and the Klik consolidated power and took over that public instituion of higher learning. The Klan at Holmes remained in existance but had undergone some evolutionary changes. In the early 90's, what was to be known as the 'Holmes Klan' at the Time, the 'Holmes Klan' was fighting a multifront war against the Klik who made alliances with other gangs in the city at the time, notably with gangs from John Jay HS being 'The Boyz Club,' The Young Country (YC's) and the NSR's (Northside Rollers), the Powerheads by Edison HS along with some skinhead groups like the Sharps who proclaimed themselves to be (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice). They all tried to take the Holmes Klan out, but they were NEVER successful in their means to do so. Eventually, the Klan consolidated their powerbase and retook Holmes in 1991 after the passage of the Muskee Klik which at the time had grown big to become the major gang at the school. They had referred to themselves as the HK (Holmes Klik). The reason they had grown so big was because alot of the original Klanners at Holmes HS had been kicked out for things such as fighting or not adhering to the school conduct policy or they just plainly dropped out of school, many different reasons. The Klan then reemerged with a new generation of Hispanic youth ready to emulate the 'urban myth legends' and stories that they had always heard about growing up from older siblings and relatives. I will discuss the Second Wave of Gang Membership at a different time because times were changing with the emergence of the "Folks Up and Down" phenomena that hit the City of 'San Anto' by storm and originated in the Southside of San Anto which was Known then as the CG's (Chicago Gangsters). On a personal note, I am glad that violence no longer permates in our city as it once did from 88-through the entire decade of the Nineties. When the movie, "Colors" came out in 1988 and the rap group N.W.A (*****s With Attitude) came out with "Straight Outta of Compton" as well, those two things in the media also contributed 'overnight' to the establishment and to the 'explosion' of Gang Violence and Rivalries that affected our city.

Yeah and they all killed cruising Military on the weekends which was something people did for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio