Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 04:48 AM

57 posts, read 219,436 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe there is stuff like that still around! I went to Holmes from 90-91 to 95-96 (stupid math portion of the TAAS). The 90's were definately bad. Big misconception about NW siders is that we're a bunch of pretty rich kids. Another is that we can't fight. LOL I never was in a gang but I knew people very well. I never got the concept about people thinking you were a member because you wore certain clothes. My sister would buy me Polo,Guess, Girbaud, Tommy Hifiger and Reds but only because she didn'twant me dressing like a dork. Then again I could handle my self and it be foolish to say that to me then. I was a hot head then. I know you could ID a member by the color badana they carried or the certain sections they hung out at in school. Funny how now I see all these names popping up all over again. Seeing WSV and BTK tags around again. Oh joy just what we need more violence! Well they say history repeats it self.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:54 AM

57 posts, read 219,436 times
I suppose gangs will always be around as long as you got angry misguided teens. Ican remember stories my mom told me about gangs in the 50's and 60's. She mentioned names like La India, The Circle, Riverside, GhostTown,and a few others. So I guess they evolve from generation to generation.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,119 times
I never knew most of this stuff about San Antonio. There are definitely some things to think about in this thread, and what San Antonio has gone through. I am glad it has largely subsided though.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:45 AM

100 posts, read 289,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I was gonna join the Crips but I'm more of a red person.
haha good one .. i am more into wearing black but hey i aint into being in a gong .. i lived in the cassiano courts on the deep west side for along time mainly due to the fact that my dad for some crazy reason loved the courts .. i knew alot of gangs and they were ok to my family most just stayed out my way as i did theirs ..and i never ever had my place riped off not once .... sure the guys could be rude at times but to me they were very cool .. i guess for being a girl living in the cassiano courts in 1997 i did pretty good and earn their respect ..

Old 11-21-2008, 08:56 AM

well i mean come on you hear every day how the cops say every shooting is gang related ... but really now days you rarely hear ' ohh its this gang , or that gang ' its more like well today there was a shooting , might be gang related but no name is given of which gang it might be lol.. but you see in the 90's they would go over board to name the names of the gangs and this gave i think the gangs ideas as to 'wow we were mentioned' lets see what else we can do to get our name in the papers or what ever ... but really today young people are fast to just shoot and in the long run you got guys shooting up the wrong house and innocent people geting hurt or killed .. that so dumb in my book .. shooting another over some petty ' BS '...

Old 11-21-2008, 09:13 AM

wow i had my laugh for the month i mean yes there is crime in san antonio,tx but no more then any other state or city .. you got moms burning their babies under their houses , someone diein from cheating , run awayts , homeless , elderly geting abuse... oh joy .. i mean gangs are the lest of my worries .. what about just trying to live your life .. in peace ... theres always gonna be lil wanna be's trying to make a big time name for them selfs running with guns trying to be bad .. is it worth it huh .. not really all it gets you is a one bed room cell you gotta share or straped down to a table getting alil shot ouch if found guilty lol.. not a great way to live your life huh ...

Old 11-21-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Why is this thread still alive? *lol*

yeah i just found this tread maybe it still alive to make out siders fear san antonio,tx lol.. idk .. lol...lets knock it off ..lololol.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 AM

Default lol u go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Firstly, this isn't the forums at Indahood.com or ganglife4ever.com. A little maturity or articulation on City-Data should at least be expected, not the trifling rants of a 17 year old. Also, please do not claim that I think I am better than anyone, I don't.

you go . i mean i agree with you Insomniac....

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-21-2008 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Just as a FYI, the former member, Insomniac, is just that, no longer a member

Old 12-02-2008, 09:55 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,119 times
Bold and italics make my eyes hurt.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:00 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
Well, I think the reason you don't hear as much about gangs on the news is exactly that. Why give them any camera time? I can tell you that San Antonio is the headquarters for the Mexican Mafia. I know this from working in the prisons as a CO back after HS. One thing about them is that if they claim to be affiliated they have to be ex-con's, only way real prison gangs allow other in. That being said not as many out there as some think. One good thing if you can take a good thing out of a gang is that this gang seems to be more respectful rather than random, at least in the prison. MS-13 is more down south and in Houston, but they are here as well, they are the dangerous ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio