Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 06:55 PM

85 posts, read 277,245 times

Advertisements

Hey Texans!
We're making a move to SA from the Northeast and I'm in need of a little guidance.
We have narrowed it down to Johnson High due to traffic concerns, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a really great neighborhood for kids? Hoping for under 500k.
Preferable new(er) houses, .5acres + pool, etc, but all is negotiable. Once upon a time we lived right off Evans Rd in Encino Ranch. House was a great price and nice neighborhood, but it was all high school aged kids, thanks, in my opinion, to the age of the houses. It seems newer houses usually have younger kids.
We like our privacy but also the conveniences of city. ALL ADVICE /tips are really appreciated.
Thanks so much in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 09:49 PM

52 posts, read 75,655 times
The Stone oak area is great but also check out the Bitters/1604 area. There are plenty of kids in my neighborhood and in Inwood. Housing is great as is the pricing. Many of the lots have pools and the neighborhood and subdivisions are gated. Inwood has a guard tower.

Last edited by NightHawk877; 02-09-2013 at 09:58 PM..

Old 02-10-2013, 10:43 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,897,048 times
Most neighborhoods in SA are "kid friendly." As for separating the good from the bad, if your realtor doesn't already do that for you, you will know the second you're in one whether you will want to live there or not. The visual indicators are pretty apparent!

Old 02-10-2013, 10:52 AM

I know what you mean, Majormadmax, But I have to pick it from Connecticut.
I know SA is a great place for kids, but I'm looking for a newer neighborhood with kids EVERYWHERE. Cibolo canyons?
Is that the one with the very cool pool?
Also I just saw that some subdivisions have swim clubs. That would be fantastic!

Old 02-10-2013, 11:04 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,050,425 times
I strongly advise you to take a few trips down before deciding. No way would I pick it from CT. That,s crazy, IMO. Maybe rent for a while (pick THAT from CT.) then,while renting, you,ll have time to look around.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 AM

Thank you for your advice. I lived there and know what is what/where. I am going to come down and I am only doing a rental at first but hoping for a rent- then buy if we like. My kids have moved a lot and I want to get it right the first shot.
My question is really just one of, does anyone know of a really awesome kid neighborhood so my home search starts in the right area. I'm a little confused with the rezoning of schools and the traffic issue of Stone Oak area. Some say it's a pain and others say it's no big deal!
Thanks

Old 02-10-2013, 01:24 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,050,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC3 View Post
Thank you for your advice. I lived there and know what is what/where. I am going to come down and I am only doing a rental at first but hoping for a rent- then buy if we like. My kids have moved a lot and I want to get it right the first shot.
My question is really just one of, does anyone know of a really awesome kid neighborhood so my home search starts in the right area. I'm a little confused with the rezoning of schools and the traffic issue of Stone Oak area. Some say it's a pain and others say it's no big deal!
Thanks

That's great. Things have changed here so much..just in the past few years. Yes, Stone Oak traffic stinks. Some will claim that it's gotten better...but it's still bad. Can't speak to the schools..rezoning seem's to happen frequently here.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 AM

584 posts, read 1,188,120 times
I am in Canyon Springs and they offer a swim club in the summer. I know a lot of our neighbor kids are in the club. the kids are always all over the place so of course driving slow once you enter the gate is a must. Not sure how old your children are. We are in The Coves @ Canyon Spring. It is one of the smaller communities within Canyon Springs. The school district is Comal ISD. The pool isn't anything like the pool at Cibolo though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio