Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 PM

500 posts, read 969,509 times

Advertisements

I think that maybe a good real estate agent could find anything that your budget will allow. Don't rule out older homes for the sake of not seeing homes that fulfill your wishlist.

I've toured Meritage homes before, and they're not all that bad for inexpensive new builds. You're probably in the $100 per sqft range once you've upgraded to halfway decent finishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
John, I'm only on page 2 of the thread but saw your asking about crime by neighborhoods and zip codes. So I thought I would add this link for you. This site gives crime by neighborhood, its a helpful tool when looking for a new place.

San Antonio Neighborhood Crime Maps, Crime Statistics and Real-Time Alerts

I don't like that feeling that the neighbors house is practically attached on. I hate those tiny lots too.

Last edited by todd00; 03-07-2013 at 06:55 PM..

Old 03-08-2013, 07:04 AM

172 posts, read 238,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I don't like that feeling that the neighbors house is practically attached on. I hate those tiny lots too.
But it makes it real convenient to reach out your window and ask to borrow a cup of sugar from your neighbor without ever having to leave your house or pick up a phone. LOL.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:11 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,063,318 times
Some houses are so close that when you fart...your neighbor smells it!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 AM

24 posts, read 33,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
John, I'm only on page 2 of the thread but saw your asking about crime by neighborhoods and zip codes. So I thought I would add this link for you. This site gives crime by neighborhood, its a helpful tool when looking for a new place.

San Antonio Neighborhood Crime Maps, Crime Statistics and Real-Time Alerts

Thanks, that's very helpful. It looks to me like San Antonio doesn't have a lot of violent crime, and I can deal with occasional property crime. I just don't want to have to worry about my wife and kids being assaulted.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:09 AM

24 posts, read 33,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMorris82 View Post

With that said, here is something that is 4 bed, 3 bath, in the 78232 area code that seems to have that open floor plan.
2418 Cedar Trce San Antonio TX - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #918869 - Realtor.com®
That's actually a great find. Thanks. We don't need a massive open-space home, but we want something bright and at least somewhat open.

There are some nice homes up there. We're looking a little closer to the St. Mary's area too, but something like this one is definitely within the range.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:44 AM

500 posts, read 969,509 times
Like I said prior, get a good RE agent. You can find the house that you described in most neighborhoods. The important thing for you to decide is which neighborhood.

I believe you can narrow down what neighborhoods work for your budget by looking at prevailing price per sqft. Once you found a few neighborhoods that work for you, visit them. You can chase crime data and home prices over the internet all day long, but a visit to a neighborhood gives you the real picture.

Once you find an area of town you like, get an agent to find exactly what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio