Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:04 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,420,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
We never really used our fireplace when we had one and by not getting one this time, we got to expand the sq ft of the master bedroom. Yup, love hard wood floors. Way easier to keep clean than carpet or tile grout
Ours is "gas" so wonderfully easy to turn on and off...having owned several homes and all with fireplaces....LOVE the convenience of gas logs vs "can't start a fire cause we have to leave before we could finish them" issue.....

Possible move to Germany in our near future....and NO gas logs available....learning curve here!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,337,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Ours is "gas" so wonderfully easy to turn on and off...having owned several homes and all with fireplaces....LOVE the convenience of gas logs vs "can't start a fire cause we have to leave before we could finish them" issue.....

Possible move to Germany in our near future....and NO gas logs available....learning curve here!!!
Germany????? Ohhhhh how exciting!!!! How long would you be gone??? I assume the plan is to return to SA, yes????

Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,538,917 times
Quote:

Had them in our previous house, but elected not to put them in this house...wishing I did. Next house (downsize to semi retirement) WILL have gas logs!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Germany????? Ohhhhh how exciting!!!! How long would you be gone??? I assume the plan is to return to SA, yes????
DEFINITELY will return....3-5 yrs IF God deems it in his plans for us...will keep ya posted....

Old 03-09-2013, 12:35 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,337,374 times
Quote:
DEFINITELY will return....3-5 yrs IF God deems it in his plans for us...will keep ya posted....
I hope it works out the way you want it too and happy you plan to return. Still need that CD get together soon

Old 03-09-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I hope it works out the way you want it too and happy you plan to return. Still need that CD get together soon
PROMISE! We definitely have time for that!!!

Old 03-09-2013, 05:54 PM

35 posts, read 50,015 times
I can't speak about the schools. Still single. But I can tell you that Alamo Ranch is a great area to live. Lots of trees around. Great running trail along side the road. Safe. I live in Alamo Ranch apartments and haven't heard any cop car coming in, in my 2 years here. Houses I have been to in the area are very nice too! 1604 and 151 is just around the corner. As regards Stone Oak, I have heard traffic is bad on 281 although it has improved after new construction work has been completed. Stone Oak is definitely A+ based on how posh it looks, Alamo Ranch I would give A. Another advantage of Stone Oak is it's more central then AR which is way west! So driving to places might be shorter, although I don't know how the traffic really is on 281.

My 2 cents.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:17 PM

169 posts, read 390,814 times
This is really great feedback from everyone so far. I appreciate all of it. The info on David Weekley certainly has me looking closely at them if we do decide on Alamo Ranch. Of course, the schools in Stone Oak and the convenience of shopping are pulling me in that direction, but Mrs. Bradford72 is still leaning towards brand new.

A side note...one of the things I'm going to miss the most about California is Del Taco. I saw another post on CD where someone said they heard Del Taco was opening some franchises in San Antonio, but I haven't seen any details. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks again, and keep the feedback coming!

-Brad

Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,538,917 times
Keep in mind that most of the traffic on 281 (North) is North of the 1604 intersection. With the opening of the 2 new ramps, going from 281 to 1604 and vice versa has been made extremely smooth. The traffic that builds up on 281 north of 1604 in the evening is mostly going to areas other than Stone Oak. Plus, you will never be on 281 going to USAA (to and from Stone Oak).

That being said, I don't think you could go wrong with either area...but you'll have to visit for yourself .

Old 03-09-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford72 View Post
This is really great feedback from everyone so far. I appreciate all of it. The info on David Weekley certainly has me looking closely at them if we do decide on Alamo Ranch. Of course, the schools in Stone Oak and the convenience of shopping are pulling me in that direction, but Mrs. Bradford72 is still leaning towards brand new.

A side note...one of the things I'm going to miss the most about California is Del Taco. I saw another post on CD where someone said they heard Del Taco was opening some franchises in San Antonio, but I haven't seen any details. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks again, and keep the feedback coming!

-Brad

According to the postings of those "in the know"...a Del Taco is going in on Culebra, WALKING distance from Alamo Ranch area.....looks like we could have a game changer here folks...LOL While there might be more "diversity" for shopping in the 281 area...I LOVE the fact I have 2 stop signs (vs crazy traffic nightmare) between our home in AR and ALL I need in the way of shopping needs at the AR Shopping Plaza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio