Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 10:29 AM

6,615 posts, read 7,107,739 times

Advertisements

Okay let's see if I can get some talk about golf.

Living here in Massachusetts and staring out my window today I see 18 inches of snow just delivered three days ago. It is maddening that I cannot head outside to take a few swings and play my favorite sport and past time. I am planning on moving to San Antonio in about 6 to 7 years. A lot can change in that time but in the mean while I will pose this question out there to anyone in SA that is also a golfer.

What are the better golf courses in SA to play at? I know there are a number of them in town. In fact I think I read somewhere that there are over 60 in MetroSA.

Who has some favorites and what makes them so special?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 10:45 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,282,724 times
TPC, Quarry, La Cantara, Sonterra. Some of them require memberships, Some are open to the public

golf courses in san antonio tx - Google Maps

Last edited by Me007gold; 03-10-2013 at 10:57 AM..

Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 AM

500 posts, read 971,263 times
Quarry - Interesting layout. Back 9 in an old quarry, Quality groundskeeping
Silverhorn - Tight interesting layout, challenging, Quality groundskeeping
Republic - Good layout, tournament and user friendly, Quality groundskeeping
TPC Canyons and Oaks - TX open courses, Oaks-tighter and more difficult, Canyons- user friendly, Quality groundskeeping
Canyon Springs - Hilly layout, challenging, Quality groundskeeping
Olympia Hills - Hilly layout, challengiing, City of Universal muni. Quality groundskeeping
Alamo City Golf Trail courses, i recommend all except Mission del Lago. Quality groundskeeping for Munis.

There are many others, but as you can see, I posted ones in best kept condition. There are many in surrounding towns that are very nice as well.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:30 PM

6,615 posts, read 7,107,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpantle View Post
Quarry - Interesting layout. Back 9 in an old quarry, Quality groundskeeping
Silverhorn - Tight interesting layout, challenging, Quality groundskeeping
Republic - Good layout, tournament and user friendly, Quality groundskeeping
TPC Canyons and Oaks - TX open courses, Oaks-tighter and more difficult, Canyons- user friendly, Quality groundskeeping
Canyon Springs - Hilly layout, challenging, Quality groundskeeping
Olympia Hills - Hilly layout, challengiing, City of Universal muni. Quality groundskeeping
Alamo City Golf Trail courses, i recommend all except Mission del Lago. Quality groundskeeping for Munis.

There are many others, but as you can see, I posted ones in best kept condition. There are many in surrounding towns that are very nice as well.

Awesome list. In the summer when I go visit I probably will not have time for golf but I will try to get in at least one round. I will keep this list. If this summer goes well I plan on making other trips. On those I hope to make more rounds.

I know it is a long time from now but in the grand scheme of things 6 years is just around the corner.

Now the list you have given me here I will look more at them on the map. I do like the better course conditions as they make for a truer game. Thanks dpantle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio