Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:28 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,297 times

Advertisements

Have any of you California transplants had or know about the wine being produced in California by Charles Shaw called "Two Buck Chuck"? It sells for $1.99 a bottle and is apparently really good. It's selling like hotcakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 12:36 PM

781 posts, read 3,816,326 times
Yea....used to buy it a Trader Joes:-) It is as good as any $20.00 bottle. Where have you seen it out here???

Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,297 times
I haven't seen it here but I just read about it on another website. Actually it was a website that had mentioned Trader Joes. They have a comment section and someone siad something about Two Buck Chuck so I had to Google. The name intriqued me. Good wine huh?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:21 PM

781 posts, read 3,816,326 times
It tastes as if it would sell for a lot more $$ than the price. I am sure that since it is inexpensive they sell a whole lot more and make more than if it was more $$. I can remember Traders actually selling out a few times.....that is a whole lot of wine!!!! :-)

Old 10-25-2007, 04:08 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Actually, two buck chuck is quickly becoming 3 buck chuck...about $2.79 per bottle...but still a STEAL! And gooooooddddddddd!

Old 10-25-2007, 05:13 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Eeeeee!!!! I was JUST talking about this yesterday! I actually found out about it at my garage sale a few weeks ago. A lovely elderly woman bought some trinket and started talking about wine. Then she brought up Two Buck Chuck! I thought she was kidding with me! But she assured me she wasn't!!! LOL! The name is certainly a great marketing tool! As long as it's a tad better than Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill!!!

Can we order it online somewhere? Anyone going to California that can bring us back some samples?

And what's up with all the California commercials trying to lure people BACK there!?

Old 10-25-2007, 05:20 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Eeeeee!!!! I was JUST talking about this yesterday! I actually found out about it at my garage sale a few weeks ago. A lovely elderly woman bought some trinket and started talking about wine. Then she brought up Two Buck Chuck! I thought she was kidding with me! But she assured me she wasn't!!! LOL! The name is certainly a great marketing tool! As long as it's a tad better than Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill!!!

Can we order it online somewhere? Anyone going to California that can bring us back some samples?

And what's up with all the California commercials trying to lure people BACK there!?
I've been seeing those commercials lately, too, and I just told my brother about them a few minutes ago on the phone. Wow, times sure do change--they never had to advertise CA before! I guess with everyone leaving it would have to mess up the tax revenues.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:42 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,884,909 times
I love 2 buck chuck. As far as I know it's only available in California. I was turned onto it it when I was visitng a friend in San Francisco. I brought back a few bottles in my carry on, but it's not avaiable here.
If anyone is going to CA and can bring some back, I'll give ya $4.00 a bottle for it, double your investment.
Now I sound like a real whino!!!!!
Actually it's a nice bottle for dinner or just having a glass of wine. One of those kind you like to have around for when wine is a good drink to have and not expensive.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:57 PM

71 posts, read 282,719 times
I believe that Trader Joe's is the only establishment that sells Two Buck Chuck outside of California. I've bought it in Arizona and New Jersey, but they won't ship it. I'm going to San Francisco next month and either have to pack and check the wine (don't think so!) or ship it to myself. Wish a TJs would open up here!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:21 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

Tell us more about these commercials!! Right now, I'm just praying and asking everyone else to pray for all my friends and family out there. Yes, the fires have subsided, but the damage just from breathing the air alone is going to be massive....

So, I don't drink - anymore - but when I lived in Ohio (1998-2006) was when they came out with two buck chuck. There are a few Trader Joes' in the Cleveland area and one or two in Columbus. I received it as a Christmas gift from my boss in .... 2003, I think..... at first I felt so offended, but then I learned it was a Trader Joe inventory...... so I knew then immediately that it had to be good..... so I gave it to a friend that still drinks....

I can't drink anymore because - - - - well...... because!!!!!.... and you ALL, all of you all over San Antonio, should be glad.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio