Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Woohoo!!!
Where do I get in line?
Which line?

The line where you work hard to support others or the line to get support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 12:59 PM

210 posts, read 502,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
I am always glad to give away money to people that didn't earn it or don't have to pay it back.
I'll be paying back into the system at a much higher rate post-graduation; so the country/state will benefit in the long run and you'll have your SS funded with "my" tax money - which I am more than happy to pay. Oh well, even if you're still going to keep your knickers in a twist over it, thanks again for helping to give myself and my family a better future.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
I'll be paying back into the system at a much higher rate post-graduation; so the country/state will benefit in the long run and you'll have your SS funded with "my" tax money - which I am more than happy to pay. Oh well, even if you're still going to keep your knickers in a twist over it, thanks again for helping to give myself and my family a better future.
Look....you pretty much started it.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Which line?

The line where you work hard to support others or the line to get support?
I've been in that 1st line my whole life. Seems no one cuts in line too....
I'm not eligible to get in the 2nd line. I'm a middle aged, divorced anglo man living in San Antonio.....worst minority there is, but don't qualify for assistance. Life goes on...

Old 03-21-2013, 06:01 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
We are arguing over two entirely different issues even though my post still struck a nerve with you for some reason. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

I am talking about funding programs to support the "low income" under the disguise that we will be rewarded with smarter children. That is all I am referring to.

I have no problem with you borrowing money if you are paying it back.

If you are just looking to pick on someone, go find someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio