Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 10:01 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
It does not sound like you are much in the way of budget restrictions. Therefore, I would recommend the enclave towns of Alamo Heights, Olmos Park and Terrell Hills. I would also recommend the King William and the Monte Vista section. All of those areas are safe, and close to nightlife and downtown. It's a little pricey for SA, but it sounds like you'll be fine. There is no real "gayborhood" sectionof SA (I know, I hate that term, too), but most of the LGBT nightlife is in the Tobin Hill Section of town, down the street from Monte Vista. Tobin Hill has made A LOT of progress, but it's not quite there yet. You can also look in the Lower Broadway section of town by Pearl Brewery, but they are mostly upscale apartments, lofts and townhomes, not a lot of single family homes.
Middle aged gay man here. There is no gayborhood here. The closest thing to it is the Monte Vista/ Alta Vista area, near Botanical Garden and southtown. They are artsy and progressive. I'm judging this by the generous assortment of Obama signs during the last election and gay ppl/progressive ppl that I know. But, I'm curious why you picked San Antonio? It's not exactly one of the gay meccas. There are a few gay realtors that I know at Keller-Williams if you're looking for the "gay sensibility" vibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM

221 posts, read 562,033 times
Oscar-I just sent you a DM. =)

Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 PM

448 posts, read 919,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar73120 View Post
Middle aged guy relocating to SA soon and looking for info on safe neighborhoods for home buying. This will be a home base for part time living so a safe neighborhood is important. Would like to be close to active area of town for food, shopping and some nightlife without living in the middle of it. Single story home with small yard and garage is most desired. I have read some of the threads on here. Just wondering if there may be any new information. Any thoughts? Any good realtors come to mind?
Tobin Hill and Southtown are the two areas you want to look at.

twitmagazine.com

TWIT Vol 2 Issue 1

Page 41 has the listing of our 19 bars/clubs.
Page 42 has other services including a real estate agent.

New homes being built walking distance from "SA's Gay Strip"
trulia.com/property/3110829204-631-Ogden-St-San-Antonio-TX-78212]631 Ogden Street, San Antonio TX - Trulia[/url]

Good luck and welcome to SA!!!!

Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
Tobin Hill and Southtown are the two areas you want to look at.

twitmagazine.com

TWIT Vol 2 Issue 1

Page 41 has the listing of our 19 bars/clubs.
Page 42 has other services including a real estate agent.

New homes being built walking distance from "SA's Gay Strip"
trulia.com/property/3110829204-631-Ogden-St-San-Antonio-TX-78212]631 Ogden Street, San Antonio TX - Trulia[/url]

Good luck and welcome to SA!!!!
I'm not so sure that a middle aged gay man is looking to go "bar hopping"- I count myself among that category. I think that it's more important to have a base of people that shares similar beliefs/values and enjoys one's company. The bars are for the yunguns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio