Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 04:36 AM

11 posts, read 42,056 times

Advertisements

I found these while on a 'spring cleaning' binge:

Kodakgallery.com*Slideshow

Last edited by LouisC9999; 10-27-2007 at 04:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 08:21 AM

933 posts, read 1,978,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisC9999 View Post
I found these while on a 'spring cleaning' binge:

Kodakgallery.com*Slideshow

What a great blast from the past, thanks for sharing!

Love the ticket prices!!!

Oh, and the bands too.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:49 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,021,548 times
Cool pics! Is Yvonne still making you mad?

Old 10-27-2007, 09:05 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,821,312 times
Guess you are a big RUSH fan! Have seen them a few times myself.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:09 AM

933 posts, read 1,978,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Guess you are a big RUSH fan! Have seen them a few times myself.
I took my wife to see Rush this summer. My second time, her first. She was more then impressed as was I. Hopefully they will do a run through SA next time they are on tour.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:20 AM
tcs

218 posts, read 876,765 times
And those older ones you can thank Joe Anthony for letting us know what really great Rock was and still is!!!!!

Great memories.

XM41 has been playing some Budgie every now and then.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:59 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times
I enjoyed going to the Verizon Ampitheater. Saw several performance during my couple of years in SA. Bad Company, David Lee and Sammy Hagar, James Taylor, Foreigner are a few. Billy Joel and Elton at the Alamodome several years ago. That's one good thing about living in the SA area - the concerts that come to town.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:11 PM

546 posts, read 3,104,059 times
Funny thing is, those same ol' bands are still coming to San Antonio. SA is perpetually stuck in this 99.5 KISS rut, drives me nuts (always has)...We never get anything but metal, punk, psychobilly, industrial, C&W, and the random ol' Tony Bennet style crooner at the Majestic - not to knock any of those, I dig a few bands in each genre, I just wish we had more variety, ya know? I get so tired of the Austin drive, since every band/musician I (and 99.9% of my friends) like bypasses us for them, hell, in November I'll be driving up to see She Wants Revenge, The Pipettes, Architecture In Helsinki, Art Brut, etc., etc., etc. It just NEVER ends in that place. Hell, even Booker T. and the MG's (who I just assumed were long dead) are playing Austin! I really hope as SA grows, we'll become a more varied (and financially viable) tour stop for bands other than White Snake or Ministry . That's the ONE big thing that has always gotten under my skin about the whole neverending Austin versus San Antonio battle - they win hands down on live music, period.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:55 PM

898 posts, read 2,894,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by googie2525 View Post
Funny thing is, those same ol' bands are still coming to San Antonio. SA is perpetually stuck in this 99.5 KISS rut, drives me nuts (always has)...We never get anything but metal, punk, psychobilly, industrial, C&W, and the random ol' Tony Bennet style crooner at the Majestic - not to knock any of those, I dig a few bands in each genre, I just wish we had more variety, ya know? I get so tired of the Austin drive, since every band/musician I (and 99.9% of my friends) like bypasses us for them, hell, in November I'll be driving up to see She Wants Revenge, The Pipettes, Architecture In Helsinki, Art Brut, etc., etc., etc. It just NEVER ends in that place. Hell, even Booker T. and the MG's (who I just assumed were long dead) are playing Austin! I really hope as SA grows, we'll become a more varied (and financially viable) tour stop for bands other than White Snake or Ministry . That's the ONE big thing that has always gotten under my skin about the whole neverending Austin versus San Antonio battle - they win hands down on live music, period.
I know what you mean. people say its cause Austin is a "college" town, so they get all the bands. one of my favorite bands are "The Donnas" for 9 years now I've gone to Austin to see them. they once played here in 1998 at the rabbit, and that was it.
plus, how can we compete with those venues that are known around the world, like "Stubbs" and "Emo's" I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:35 AM

634 posts, read 2,921,986 times
Let me know when there will be any good Mexican groups like RBD and any Korean or Japanese singers/groups coming.

That would be great!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio