Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:17 AM

61,704 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Advertisements

Maybe you need to move out from your father house, just to get enrolled to Care Link...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
If Care Link wouldn't take him because he was a dependant, it means his dad needs to go and apply for Care Link for him, assuming they meet the household income limits (which is about 46K for a family of two, goes up for every additional family member living in th house). Care Link wants to be paid something, so they won't take him when he has no job...if he has no income, they figure he should get medicaid, but since he's his dad's dependant, he can't get medicaid.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:51 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,986 times
I could get my grandaughter to walk on your back...works for me!

Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 AM

12 posts, read 18,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Try looking for a sobadora who is familiar with curanderismo.

Worth a try but only if you believe.
I don't speak Spanish at all, and I'm quite skeptical when it comes to alternative medicinal practices. I'd much rather see a doctor who has spent a good majority of his life studying spinal and back problems, as opposed to someone who has no proper medical education.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Maybe you need to move out from your father house, just to get enrolled to Care Link...
I would absolutely love to move back out. Unfortunately, being unable to work, which is what landed me back here in the first place, is also keeping me from being able to afford to support myself.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
If Care Link wouldn't take him because he was a dependant, it means his dad needs to go and apply for Care Link for him, assuming they meet the household income limits (which is about 46K for a family of two, goes up for every additional family member living in th house). Care Link wants to be paid something, so they won't take him when he has no job...if he has no income, they figure he should get medicaid, but since he's his dad's dependant, he can't get medicaid.
Ironically enough, this is exactly correct, and my father could solve this entire problem by applying for CareLink.

But he wont. My father is a gruff old man who does not give any credence to modern medicine. His solution to me asking for his help was to, and i quote, "Stretch and get a job. Or take a hot shower."

I might as well be asking him to walk on the moon, because hed take that challenge way before applying for medical help.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 PM

20 posts, read 26,835 times
Default Worth a Try

With back pain, I would try a chiropractor. I know that some chiropractors charges are about what co-pays would be if your had insurance. I know you said you don't have money, but if you could get your dad to help a little, this might be an option.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSA View Post
With back pain, I would try a chiropractor. I know that some chiropractors charges are about what co-pays would be if your had insurance. I know you said you don't have money, but if you could get your dad to help a little, this might be an option.
My brother suggested that as well. I just got off the phone with him and he offered to pay for one or two visits to see if that would help.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:23 PM

@Hedgehog_Mom

It wouldn't let me reply to your PM.

I was on 800mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours about 10 months ago. It stopped helping about a month into the medication regiment. Heat doesn't do anything to relieve the pain, nor alternating ice and heat. I've tried sciatica relief stretches thinking that maybe that was an underlying cause. All that served to do was make my pain worse, and cause my back to start spasming. My right hip is also in pain, though not as severe as my back, and from my hip to my knee, my entire leg is numb and tingling. That issue has been present since my back pain started. It has not worsened like my back though.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:54 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,986 times
May be a calcium deposit or bone spur putting pressure on the sciatic nerve...hurts like hell. You need to get some x-rays and/or an MRI done to detect it. Thats the problem I had anyways. Seems kind of unlikely due to your age, but you never know. Good luck to you pal, believe me I know the pain you are in. Now I just suffer from the typical old fart pains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: