Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 AM

502 posts, read 934,366 times

Advertisements

Imagine how many salaries that vacation could've paid for. But hey people love him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 AM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,011 times
my brother plans to do more jogging..he already makes an insane amount of money so this will not hurt him at all.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:31 AM

my billion dollar a year company is finding loopholes in obamacare and now I have been told as a manager that my part-time employees will have their hours reduced from 36 to 24. I know HEB is also doing this to their part timers as well. Its funny how greedy billionaires can be.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:04 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
my billion dollar a year company is finding loopholes in obamacare and now I have been told as a manager that my part-time employees will have their hours reduced from 36 to 24. I know HEB is also doing this to their part timers as well. Its funny how greedy billionaires can be.
"How greedy they can be"? Really?

Unreal.

You better hope to God your billion dollar company still has a job for you in a few years.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:00 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
There are greedy billionaires out there but as long they know how to run the company and keep it profitable, I don't see why they should be attacked for doing their job. This way more jobs are saved than lost.

Of course, some get so greedy and don't do a good job like Richard Fuld of Lehman Brothers who ran the company into the ground and ran off with huge bonuses.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:08 AM

282 posts, read 341,746 times
Quote:
my brother plans to do more jogging..he already makes an insane amount of money so this will not hurt him at all.
Somebody who works for the government and makes an "insane amount of money"? I must have been in the wrong position and so is my wife.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM

89 posts, read 172,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyk47 View Post
Somebody who works for the government and makes an "insane amount of money"? I must have been in the wrong position and so is my wife.
I know a couple of people in intelligence, Langley to be specific. They make a great living, but it's also very demanding work that not a lot of people can handle

As to the earlier commentary in this thread, let's not bog down on billionaires just because of their salary. Until you've walked a mile in their shoes, it really just comes across as sour grapes.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:36 PM

502 posts, read 934,366 times
It's not the billionaires fault they worked hard for what they have. It's our own governments fault for mandating and over taxing. Do you know what it cost for one min wage employee? More than double what they get paid hourly and that's without benefits. And it all goes to Uncle Sam. It's only gonna get worse...

Old 07-12-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
"How greedy they can be"? Really?

Unreal.

You better hope to God your billion dollar company still has a job for you in a few years.
my job will never go away as long as HEB is in business...now if HEB went out of business then I would be in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyk47 View Post

My brother retired after 15 years from the army and now he is a GS 14..makes $52 an hour..100k + a year...thats a lot to me.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 PM

500 posts, read 969,401 times
My brother retired from the FAA as a controller, and was making well into the $100k's, but I wouldn't call that an "insane" amount of money for what he did. I guess it's a matter of perspective on what one does for a living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio