Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 04:49 PM

47 posts, read 87,734 times

Advertisements

I have noticed that both HEB and Walmart are offering Discounts on Gasoline if you buy through their card system. It might be better if they went back to the old stamp system -or a modern equivalent- to allow you to buy stuff. Like the old green stamps. HEB is always discounting stuff. I got a good set of Headphones really cheap. They also have a ton of appliances and music cd's. You might save 10 bucks on a tank of gas but if you can get a Coffee Maker or a Baseball glove from the redemption center wouldn't that be more fun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
I don't really like these discounts one gets for using a gas card, the CVS and Walgreen's discounts for using their cards, or the old school stamps. The discounted price itself is the regular price and the listed price is even more inflated. In the long run everyone who signs up or participates ends up paying the same while those who don't are paying more. I prefer actual low prices without gimmicks instead of having to keep track of reward cards or placing one on my keyring. Never!!!! We keep them in glove but it is still a hassle. If they ask for names, addresses, or phone numbers (Gamestop either tried very hard to sell it and keep asking and hyping it to the point of harassment or they get all snippy if you decline) I would rather just pay more than sell them my information for such a low price.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 AM

554 posts, read 2,306,283 times
The whole point behind those is that if you put $100 on a gift card to use for gas, H-E-B can invest that money and make more than the $.10 per gallon you're saving.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:01 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,255 times
We got a Walmart Discover that we use just to get gas.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:34 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times
I don't fill up with gas at either one. I would only use HEB gas as a last resort. I used to get points that could be used as cash at Techron/Chevron before it was taken over by 7-Eleven. I was going to fill up there anyway and I still do. I prefer not giving my business to the rude people at the Shell down the street even though I don't have to walk inside to pay for gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio