U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 PM

4,355 posts, read 5,085,243 times

Advertisements

There are no longer any Scrapbooking Stores in the Northwest Side of San Antonio. Do you see a need for one? Do you think one would survive in one of the many empty strip malls? Would you shop at one? Would you pay to work on your scrapbook for an hour or two, in peace and quiet? In a group setting with everyone working on their own individual scrapbooks? Would you pay for a class? A group of classes?

I really was impressed with The Memory Bucket in Helotes and with Scrapbook Heaven when it was on Gilbeau and BEFORE it was under new ownership. Your thoughts are welcomed!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 05:43 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,609,082 times
I was really hoping that the Memory Bucket would re-open but after that fire, I guess they cut their losses and ran.

I liked Scrapbook Heaven when it was under the prior owners. Not impressed with it now with new ownership. Plus they've moved like twice in the first year/year and a half under the new owners. It's been 2 years since I've stepped foot in the store so maybe it's changed.

I really miss Scrapbook 911. They had I think the best store in town but closed a year or two ago. They were located off Blanco inside loop 1604 right behind the Pizza Hut.

I have pretty much given up my scrapbooking hobby for the time being. I definitely would pay for and go to classes (Scrapbook 911 had some cool ones) and if I found a local store to shop at, I might get inspired to start scrapbooking again.

I wouldn't use the store to work on my own books though...too much to have to bring.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 PM

905 posts, read 2,771,045 times
I loved Scrapbook 911 and Scrapbook Cottage (over by Embassy Theaters) and was so sad when they both closed. I guess with the local craft stores running sales, plus internet sites, local scrapbook stores just are not viable. Austin had two Archivers stores, but are in the process of closing the one in South Austin. I had hoped they would put one here, but that's doubtful.

I also thought Memory Bucket would have reopened, only went there once before the fire and would have loved to see it relocate, ditto for 911 and SC. As for Scrapbook Heaven, I'm with you both on preferring the store under the old ownership. I can't remember the last time I went in the one on Bandera, but I know I hardly found anything I liked, much less needed.

I would love to see a store open with classes and crop sessions. So nice to be able to get out of the house and concentrate on just scrapping and yacking with friends!

Old 04-12-2013, 05:53 PM

293 posts, read 358,911 times
Try the scrapbooking factory, they have retreats all around town, the next one is may 17-19 at the craftiques mall. I miss scrapbook heaven on guilbeau, I stopped in twice and then banned myself as I wanted to spend all my money there. Also try this forum..www.meetup.com/SAscrapbooking to see if they have any more choices for you

Old 07-03-2014, 10:33 PM

So because their view did not agree with yours they are wrong? Whatever happened to choice? It was a privately owned store, they felt differently about public breastfeeding, they are the boss of their store, they made the rule. I don't agree with them, as your description states, on how they handled it, but again, choice.

I don't believe in "karma", so spare me that is the reason they closed. Let's go with loss of clientele and income to sustain the business.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 333 times
I feel like all of you put together. I have changed to watching YouTube to scrapbook. It is so interesting and satisfying for me. There are a ton of artful and very knowledgeable ladies and some gents to watch. PLUS, what is so fun is swamps they do and giveaways.
I just shop on line and visit Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joanns for my stash.

I do miss our scrapbook shops. So much fun.
Pegster50

Old 02-26-2019, 08:09 PM

Thanks for your reply, but this is a 6 year old thread that is no longer relevant. Glad you are still enjoying scrapping, I just created a library craft room in my permanent home and hope to finish the page I started "back in the day."

Welcome to City-Data. Enjoy the San Antonio thread. There are many more threads and topics for you to choose from as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio