Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Oh, I'm all for the sharing part. Trader Joe's would be a very welcome addition. I think we can all learn to get along! But 1604 is 1604!!
giggle!! In the infamous words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" LOL!!

And yeah, I'm tryin' to train otherhalf to just say 1604 (or even Loop 1604) instead of "the 1604". He's so dog-gone stubborn sometimes! However, you will notice that I refuse to address anyone (whether plural or singular) as y'all (ya'll). But that's not a strictly Texas/SA thing, sooooo.......

And TJ's....otherhalf was home for the weekend from Washington and brought back some dark chocolate covered edame beans and Paradise Tea for me!! Woo hoo!!! Givin' him a long list for his Thanksgiving trip home!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 08:48 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Human nature--there is always room for improvement. You can't fight it, so we all might as well get used to the fact that San Antonio is not a sleepy little town anymore. Maybe flights in and out will get cheaper!! Just as long as 10 is still 10, and not "the 10", I'm cool.
Sorry Sapphire (and others), I still say THE 10...etc. That was a dead giveaway when I moved from SoCal to NorCal...as soon as I said THE 5, I was asked where I was from.

After 6 years up north, I have not been able to drop the THE, so perhaps with a little work, there is hope for me yet.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
giggle!! In the infamous words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?" LOL!!

And yeah, I'm tryin' to train otherhalf to just say 1604 (or even Loop 1604) instead of "the 1604". He's so dog-gone stubborn sometimes! However, you will notice that I refuse to address anyone (whether plural or singular) as y'all (ya'll). But that's not a strictly Texas/SA thing, sooooo.......

And TJ's....otherhalf was home for the weekend from Washington and brought back some dark chocolate covered edame beans and Paradise Tea for me!! Woo hoo!!! Givin' him a long list for his Thanksgiving trip home!!
ha ha...tooooo funny! perhaps all of you non THE folks just need to give in and just start saying THE <insert road way name here>.

Resistance is futile...

Old 10-30-2007, 08:54 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,243,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
ha ha...tooooo funny! perhaps all of you non THE folks just need to give in and just start saying THE <insert road way name here>.

Resistance is futile...
I'll acquire the Governator's accent first

Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
I'll acquire the Governator's accent first
ha ha! that will make you stand out!

i shoulda coulda woulda picked up one of those t-shirts before moving here.

oh wait!!! one more chance when I fly back to sacramento to move my stuff.

Watch as California eases out of the ocean a bit and Texas sinks a little as our tons of stuff move into town.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:04 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Change is good its going to happen it how you manage it and make it change for the better. San Antonio can be a fitter city i don't think anyone can argue that fitter isn't better. While yea it looks alot better its also healthier. Change is good if you can control it. Who really wants to stay the same???

Old 10-30-2007, 09:27 PM

323 posts, read 829,286 times
Quote:

Resistance is futile...
That's cool, so long as all of you non ya'll folks start saying ya'll....

Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin9150 View Post
I did utter my first one yesterday at lunch.

My wife looked at me and giggled, so my assimilation has begun.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:51 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin9150 View Post
Ha! Never!!! My previous employer did strongly suggest that I aquire that change to my vocabulary ~ said it would help with my sales. Oh well.....

Old 11-01-2007, 08:58 PM

154 posts, read 630,817 times
Quote:
I did utter my first one yesterday at lunch.

My wife looked at me and giggled, so my assimilation has begun.
I do hope someone has instructed you on the proper use of "y'all"? It's the plural of "you", used to address more than one person, or at least vaguely referring to more than the individual. Most languages have a plural "you", but here in the USA the only ones who remedied that oversight in English were we southerners.

Nothing is more embarrassingly giggle-worthy than a yankee or a west-coaster using "y'all" the wrong way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio