Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 02:20 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
I had lasik done apx 9-10 years ago at TLC with Dr. Stuart Terry ... I was considered legally blind without corrective lenses with vision at 20/800 in both eyes ... TLC was amazing ... They show you a film showing you exactly how the procedure is done and you can even watch an actual procedure if you choose to do that ...

On the day of the procedure they give you a pill to relax you if you want to take one, I took it... They had to leave the laser on my eyes a bit longer than normal since my vision was so bad ... But as soon as I was done and sat up my 20/800 vision was 20/65 ... The next day I went in for my follow up and I was at 20/20 ... The following week I was 20/15 ...

Now I knew going into the surgery that I would still need reading glasses later in life, the doctors advised me of this before surgery ... Now, 10 years later, at 42, I am noticing that I have to hold things a bit further away, so I am sure readers are not far, but again, Lasik cannot fix needing readers ... But my overall vision is still 20/20

I highly recommend TLC although, I do believe, that Dr Stuart Terry, has opened his own business ... I would get quotes from both TLC and from Dr. Terry's practice ... 10 years ago I paid $4800, $2400 an eye...
This sounds pretty encouraging to me.. would you know if you would be eligible for the surgery if you had keratoconus? Or would anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 04:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,009 times
LASIK at Parkhurst NuVision was great for me. I work as an optician in an optometrist's office, fitting people with various styles of glasses and contact lenses. I used to be a die hard contact lens fan, and this year when I was told I could no longer wear them due to allergies, I was pretty upset. I was so confused with all the tv commercials and I started asking my family and friends that had Lasik and they told me to check couple of places, especially NuVision www.sanantonio-lasik.com
I heard so many great things about Dr. Greg Parkhurst and the amazing technology of LASIK and other procedures beyond LASIK they offer at NuVision. I was pretty nervous at first, but it turned out to be the coolest experience ever!! The office is beautiful, clean, high-tech, and Dr. Parkhurst is very impressive. He was great at explaining the process before, during and after the procedure. It was such a huge comfort to meet him before my surgery. I had zero pain the whole time, even afterwards, and the recovery was amazingly quick. I tell everyone I can about how awesome my vision is now and about my whole LASIK story at Parkhurst NuVision. I highly recommend Dr. Parkhurst to anyone who is thinking about LASIK to head their way.
Beth

Old 02-04-2014, 01:41 PM

179 posts, read 247,162 times
dr. tim dunham did minE A FEW YRS. ago. excellent. had glaucoma ib left eye. coldn`t bsave it.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 4,200 times
One of the greatest decisions I've ever made. Absolutely worth it! It's like Dr. Manrique has put a spotlight on the entire world for me. The staff was very professional and they made me feel relaxed. Thank you Dr. Manrique!

Old 05-15-2014, 05:37 PM

733 posts, read 1,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0kalo9 View Post
One of the greatest decisions I've ever made. Absolutely worth it! It's like Dr. Manrique has put a spotlight on the entire world for me. The staff was very professional and they made me feel relaxed. Thank you Dr. Manrique!
joined less than a month ago, only one post... that praises manrique.

YEAH not suspicious at all.

actually, if im not mistaking, i heard this exact same pitch on the farkin' radio!

Old 05-19-2014, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,200 times
Question ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
joined less than a month ago, only one post... that praises manrique.

YEAH not suspicious at all.

actually, if im not mistaking, i heard this exact same pitch on the farkin' radio!
and whats that supposed to mean?

Old 05-19-2014, 06:15 PM

363 posts, read 748,110 times
I have a close friend who is suing Manrique. I would look look at some of the other suggested doctors in this thread.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:35 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
I am thinking of having this done, I got a flier advertising Dr. Manrique in the Valpak junk mail. If I proceed I will interview 3 and choose from them. My daughter had it done in Michigan in 2000 and still has excellent vision. She went to Ohio, though, to get it done. We were only an hour away, and IIRC, we used a doctor advertised on the radio that was highly recommended.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:28 AM

48 posts, read 62,463 times
I spoke to an Optometrist who also solicited feedback from several colleagues. Allison Young, MD was recommended -- (210) 490-6659, stoneoakeyes.com.

I'm going in the week-after-next for my consultation. Fingers crossed that I'm a candidate!

Old 07-25-2014, 12:56 PM

733 posts, read 1,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0kalo9 View Post
and whats that supposed to mean?
it means you are a shill for manrique-whatever. it means you got paid to post that. pretty sad really. would NOT use someone who spams the radio like that and PAYS people for reviews. just as bad as his angie's list listing! all paid reviews!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio