Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:42 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,133,835 times

Advertisements

There are few things more repulsive to me than a tattoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
To some it's equated to gang graffiti on buildings. But others love it. I try not to judge people.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:34 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,133,835 times
The first time I ever saw a female with a tattoo was in 1974 at a Sambos restaurant in Waco. She walked in, and I was immediately attracted to her. She seemed to like what she saw, too. After a bit of mutual flirting across the restaurant, I decided to go introduce myself. When I got close enough, I saw the tulip tattoo on her ankle. I was so grossed out, I went back to my table without even saying hello, and could barely finish eating.

Today's women's tattoos are more numerous, and a lot more revolting than that tulip tattoo was. I am glad few women of my generation have resorted to screwing up their looks and first impressions with tattoos.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:11 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Well when celebrities began getting them a greater portion of people found it acceptable and cool. Some people follow what they see those people do. I never have understood it. I can't think of anything I'd like to have permanently etched on my body. I wonder how many have had their significant others name etched into their skin with a heart or forever, only to end up in divorce. What a reminder that would be.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 PM

472 posts, read 1,076,299 times
Getting a scroll on my back,..I'm liking it,..I'm not worried about anybodies opinion about me and my character...if you don't like it, I'll just smile at you...

Old 09-11-2013, 09:11 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
Grandaughter put one of those temporary tattoos on my arm the other day...washes off. I forgot completely about it. Went and ran errands...went to HEB, tax office and to Sam Ash. Got home later that day and discovered the tat still there...I must have looked so cool with a 3 inch tall Tinkerbell tat on my arm for everyone to see. Sucks getting senile.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:57 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times
I predict that one day they will come up with a way to make your hair stop growing. About that time someone will start a fad where you mix up some permanent epoxy like plastic goop, available in a vast assortment of wild colors. You will have your head and hair dipped into this concoction and then your hair will be arranged into some weird hair style and allowed to dry. Leaving you with a no maintenance, doll like, solid plastic and permanent hair doo. Think that's just way too weird? Just remember you heard here first from SnappyBob.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:17 PM

243 posts, read 333,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
I predict that one day they will come up with a way to make your hair stop growing. About that time someone will start a fad where you mix up some permanent epoxy like plastic goop, available in a vast assortment of wild colors. You will have your head and hair dipped into this concoction and then your hair will be arranged into some weird hair style and allowed to dry. Leaving you with a no maintenance, doll like, solid plastic and permanent hair doo. Think that's just way too weird? Just remember you heard here first from SnappyBob.
Please don't give them any ideas.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:01 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
I don't like tattoos and don't find them sexy or appealing in the least bit but this story was interesting...

Contestant shows off tattoos at Miss America pageant

Old 09-15-2013, 09:19 AM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
I attended a well-known conservative gathering of young girls and their mothers yesterday. There were moms of all different sizes, shapes, and colors. None stood out to me except the "mom of many colors". She was a younger mom, wearing shorts and a tank top, and large, colorful, ugly tats all over her arms and legs. I avoided staring but glanced over at her a few times, and noticed at least one whole person in the form of a female tatted on her thigh.

She stood out like a sore thumb, nobody could miss her. My "judging" is that she is selfish, because she obviously wants the attention. How can she not realize it will be negative attention? Other mothers will talk about her, which could result in her child/children being ostracised, people will stare and whisper, she will embarras her child/children, she is creating negativitiy towards her child/children. Do what you want, but when it affects your children, then you are being selfish.

She could have chosen to cover up somewhat, knowing where she was going, and instead blantantly flaunted her appearance, which, IMO, was gross and tacky. There is a time and place for everything, this was not the place to flaunt your tatted body.

Edit: OK, I just realized I am ASSuming she was a mom. I never saw her with a child. If she was not a mom, then I have no problem with her choice. It is just not for me.

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 09-15-2013 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: added the "edit" to my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio