Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:29 PM

574 posts, read 1,338,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I do... if they make a bad decision to get all tatted up and look like they live in a jungle.. remember they are making decisions about what they are going to do to you. If they cant think logically and not tattoo every orifice of their body.. what could they do to you? Sometimes its all about common sense..

^^^^What???

Tattoos = irrational erratic behavior???

How does ones choice to adorn their bodies with tattoos equate potential bodily harm to another person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 03:23 AM

85 posts, read 329,763 times
Quote:
I do... if they make a bad decision to get all tatted up and look like they live in a jungle.. remember they are making decisions about what they are going to do to you. If they cant think logically and not tattoo every orifice of their body.. what could they do to you? Sometimes its all about common sense..
If I had a dollar for every cop I have seen with a tattoo I would be killed by now with this kind of thinking.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:37 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default Tatoos,

Are another was of prostituting one's self, the body, for the sake of advertising. For free.Others have to look at this advertising. It is exactly like billboard clutter on the highways. Tatooing is a branding of one's own hide.
Like cattle.Though it may seem new and trendy it is a very old human practice and primitive.
At one time in history it was important, now- It is of no consequence now.
Tatoo it, sunburn it, put french fries in it, inhale smoke into it, alchohol in it to excess, drugs, don't wash it, don't trim its' hair, sell it, let it become obese, expose it, break its' bones, abuse it any way you want.
It is folly. Go ahead and pay for it all.

One may even say it is obnoxious , tatooed, stigmatized, so to speak. Like obnoxious television commercials that are but extraneous noise that are played over and over ad nauseum, it is merely an an irritant and yet another media for visual clutter and pollution. That is the purpose exactly anyway?
It is wonderful, go ahead and pay for someone to do this to you. I can think of far netter ways to spend money.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:41 PM

847 posts, read 2,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Are another was of prostituting one's self, the body, for the sake of advertising. For free.Others have to look at this advertising. It is exactly like billboard clutter on the highways. Tatooing is a branding of one's own hide.
Like cattle.Though it may seem new and trendy it is a very old human practice and primitive.
At one time in history it was important, now- It is of no consequence now.
Tatoo it, sunburn it, put french fries in it, inhale smoke into it, alchohol in it to excess, drugs, don't wash it, don't trim its' hair, sell it, let it become obese, expose it, break its' bones, abuse it any way you want.
It is folly. Go ahead and pay for it all.

One may even say it is obnoxious , tatooed, stigmatized, so to speak. Like obnoxious television commercials that are but extraneous noise that are played over and over ad nauseum, it is merely an an irritant and yet another media for visual clutter and pollution. That is the purpose exactly anyway?
It is wonderful, go ahead and pay for someone to do this to you. I can think of far netter ways to spend money.
you are spewing absurdity.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:50 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times
All of you can think what you want.. with every choice comes moderation.. somewhere along the way there is a limit to what you do.. just like drinking.. you cant drink until you are puking up.. it takes common sense to know when to stop.

Tattoos are the same.. there is moderation to that too. Some of the stuff I see out there is just way out of space. Do I mind tattoos personally? No... but of course with moderation. Seriously.. how many of you would let someone who has their complete body tattooed (face, arms, legs) with those big earrings do anything to you? You have to wonder what they were thinking when they did that to themselves. If they are able to do that to themselves .. what could they decide to do to you?

Old 09-07-2013, 05:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
tattoos and Facebook are alike
fun
spur of the moment
kind of sexy
and permanent

Old 09-07-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
All of you can think what you want.. with every choice comes moderation.. somewhere along the way there is a limit to what you do.. just like drinking.. you cant drink until you are puking up.. it takes common sense to know when to stop.

Tattoos are the same.. there is moderation to that too. Some of the stuff I see out there is just way out of space. Do I mind tattoos personally? No... but of course with moderation. Seriously.. how many of you would let someone who has their complete body tattooed (face, arms, legs) with those big earrings do anything to you? You have to wonder what they were thinking when they did that to themselves. If they are able to do that to themselves .. what could they decide to do to you?
goodgawdamitee. this is hilarious.

I can barely type. I can't stop laughing.

I'll just take one sentence -

quote - just like drinking.. you cant drink until you are puking up.. it takes common sense to know when to stop. - unquote

that's your best analogy??

drink till ya puke. wake up in the morning with a headache.

two hours later - you are fine.

get a tattoo. wake up in the morning with a tattoo.

two hours later - you still have a tattoo.

two and a half hours later - you're wondering - now. what can I do to The Man in SATX.

you are beyond ridiculous with this.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:33 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default It is,

Opinions. Some good, some bad. All leaning to the right. I know what I am saying.
It is all about the practice of marking one's skin. None of it absurd. It is visual pollution.
Nazi's tatooed people. Jews.

Reminds me of an old man's advice given to me on beard growing from back in the seventies,
that I never forgot. Even now that I am older I can still remember it.
"Why cultivate on your face what grows wild on your behind? " Not his exact words .
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post
you are spewing absurdity.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Opinions. Some good, some bad. All leaning to the right. I know what I am saying.
It is all about the practice of marking one's skin. None of it absurd. It is visual pollution.
Nazi's tatooed people. Jews.

Reminds me of an old man's advice given to me on beard growing from back in the seventies,
that I never forgot. Even now that I am older I can still remember it.
"Why cultivate on your face what grows wild on your behind? " Not his exact words .
with this one - we are way out there now. stretching it beyond the pale.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:58 AM

500 posts, read 969,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post
with this one - we are way out there now. stretching it beyond the pale.
Or perhaps just expressing his opinion. To me, tattoos are exactly what Huckster describes as visual pollution. So is obesity, lack of personal hygiene, littering, and excessive billboards.

But if it pleases you to wear them, go for it. I have learned to ignore them. Just don't go through life expecting such a subjective visual practice to be enjoyed by everyone the same as by yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio