Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2007, 04:34 PM

351 posts, read 1,579,398 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Been posting on here a while. I am amazed at the amount of work so many of you put into your post. Cudo's to ya'll.

Here is my question: Does anyone have a Home Builder in mind that can provide a good quality home built for under $100,000?
I am going to pay as it is being built and do not want a mortgage .

I am single and just want a simple 3/2. Just have not found a home builder yet that does simple homes for a reasonable price. My land is 30 miles up IH-10 just north of Boerne.

Quality and affordability should be able to go together.

Just found out today to not trust Palm Harbour homes at all. Nightmare stories about that company all over the internet and a person I work with used to put them together and he told me to NEVER buy a Palm Harbour or a Fleetwood home.

I have no problem with pre-manufactured homes if they are of a good quality (not looking to live in a trailer).

It is difficult to describe what I want when I am not even sure myself.

A simple home, paid off, that I can live in trouble free.

I will probably have to move to fantasy land.

Thank you in advance for any and all replys.

Sincerely yours,

crazedchef,

Live from
Baghdad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 05:06 PM

ANYONE, ANYTHING?

Judging from the lack of responses I guess that a Home Builder who builds quality, simple homes does not exist.

crazedchef

Old 06-10-2007, 05:57 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,127,919 times
Hey crazedchef..found these sites and they build in the Texas Hill Country.

Design Tech Homes (http://www.dth.com/ourhomes_wherebuild.php - broken link)

This site doesn't only build log cabins either..you'll have to look around the site to see their other pics.

Lone Star Builders, Hill Country Builders, Texas Hill Country

This is a great builder with interesting smaller homes, but I'm not sure if he builds on your own lot.

Papalote Homes builds energy efficient Texas Hill Country Homes

And of course, Tilson Homes has been around forever...

Tilson Homes Built on Your Lot Builder in Texas

Jim Walters Homes is another affordable builder that has been on the scene for a very long time.

Jim Walter Homes — Affordable New Homes, Built On Your Lot

Hope some of these help to give you some ideas for when the time comes to build. Take care over there! 940

Old 06-11-2007, 08:57 PM

Thank you 940!!

I only have 5 minutes, been a crazy night here at the waterpoint.

Thanks again!!

I look forward to perusing your list.

crazedchef

live from Baghdad

Old 08-29-2007, 10:20 PM

5 posts, read 39,006 times
Default Builder

While I was in Hill Country this spring I found Hill Country Classics in Boerne. They are just off I-10 and they have display home or two. You can buy just a shell or the compleat finished home.
The Display shell home looks real good inside on craftsman ship, of corse that is a modle home on display.
I was tols by someone else that he has seen a couple that they built and was very impressed.
That's who I'm looking to to build me a shell as soon as I find the right land in the Hill Country and that I can afford!
They have a web site also.
good luck

Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 8,679 times
Default Palm Harbor

I don't know where you got your information on Palm Harbor Homes but I purchased one last year after extensive research. I also toured the factory and talked to previous owners and when it comes to manufactured homes they are the best. Dont take my word for it it is rated that way by the top manufacturing magazines and governement agencies.

I almost purchased one of their modulars home but found out I did not need to get one and was happy with the design and quality of my manufactured home instead.

Do your research and you will find that Palm Harbor has the best reputation and quality you can demand.

Just my two cents....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: