Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 11:14 AM

4 posts, read 7,497 times

Advertisements

I've noticed a change in San Antonio recently I have noticed when mexican-american children spoke spanish in 1950s to 1980s San Antonio they would use archiac words like vide, truje, semos, se jue,
and I have also noticed a lot of them used curioso to mean funny, colorado instead of rojo but today children who speak spanish in San Antonio are saying chistoso, rojo and somos, so none of the spanish speaking children in San Antonio say arhiac expressions like vide, truje, semos, se jue? and none of them say curioso to mean funny instead of chistoso. curioso is the word I always knew to mean funny

Old 06-13-2013, 11:45 AM

9,843 posts, read 13,575,621 times
Language is always changing. It may also be that with the aging population the dialect has changed with the influence of English and other languages mixed it. I have always used chistoso and I learned Spanish in school.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:49 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,360,832 times
Default Excuse me,

The entire point of your post being?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samo23 View Post
I've noticed a change in San Antonio recently I have noticed when mexican-american children spoke spanish in 1950s to 1980s San Antonio they would use archiac words like vide, truje, semos, se jue,
and I have also noticed a lot of them used curioso to mean funny, colorado instead of rojo but today children who speak spanish in San Antonio are saying chistoso, rojo and somos, so none of the spanish speaking children in San Antonio say arhiac expressions like vide, truje, semos, se jue? and none of them say curioso to mean funny instead of chistoso. curioso is the word I always knew to mean funny

Old 06-13-2013, 11:49 AM

340 posts, read 583,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samo23 View Post
Not quite sure the point of this thread.

Children don't say gee golly, shucks, radical or tubular any more either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio