Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,514 times

Advertisements

The individual you are referring to is apparently a newer member. Don't bother engaging in a conversation. They are clearly looking to push your buttons. Back to the matter at hand. The latest trip I had Mootopia, celery, soap, and corn tortillas in the same bag. Maybe my HEB has not "cross trained" their baggers yet???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 AM

168 posts, read 409,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
This is what I found when I got home today.

Insulated bag, toilet bowl cleaner, canned tomatoes. The cold stuff was in an uninsulated bag.

Yes - this is what I'm talkin' about.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:03 PM

4,434 posts, read 5,348,331 times
The key to this "first world problem" is to organize the items on the belt how you want it bagged. I do this and never have problems at the Oak Park HEB nor the Lincoln Heights HEB. The only issue I ever encounter is a few items per bag which doesn't bother me.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:14 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
Yup, heavy bulky items first, non food, frozen/cold, then fragile stuff like bread/eggs.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:01 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
The key to this "first world problem" is to organize the items on the belt how you want it bagged. I do this and never have problems at the Oak Park HEB nor the Lincoln Heights HEB. The only issue I ever encounter is a few items per bag which doesn't bother me.
I do, I always do!! I do this not only for the packaging, but also because it make it easier when I categorize expenses later

However, everything goes down the magic belt, congregating and piling up at the end. My favorite is when the cashier starts picking out random items to scan, instead of scanning in the order they come.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:18 PM

4,434 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
I do, I always do!! I do this not only for the packaging, but also because it make it easier when I categorize expenses later

However, everything goes down the magic belt, congregating and piling up at the end. My favorite is when the cashier starts picking out random items to scan, instead of scanning in the order they come.

Maybe HEB is not consistent across all stores?

If you don't mind me which HEB do you go to? I only ask because I go to the Oak Park HEB the most and I always get a roll of quarters at the register. When I go to the Culebra HEB at lunch they don't offer that service and business center is really slow!

Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Quote:

If you don't mind me which HEB do you go to?
Mainly Blanco/1604, and sometimes Evans/281. The Evans one tends to have fewer issues with bundling.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,743,642 times
Quote:

If you don't mind me which HEB do you go to? I only ask because I go to the Oak Park HEB the most and I always get a roll of quarters at the register. When I go to the Culebra HEB at lunch they don't offer that service and business center is really slow!
HEB is certainly inconsistent from store to store! I go to the Olmos Park HEB. I have very very few complaints - mostly an issue with how they keep running out of my dogs' food brand and a few other stocking issues-- but overall I am happy. Staff is friendly, they don't hesitate to open up new lanes if it is busy, there is always someone around to ask if you can't find something, and on those rare occasions I have a problem they seem to actually make efforts to remedy it. For example, a few weeks ago I was frustrated when a good six or seven items on my list were lacking a price on the shelves, it had fallen off or whatever, and when I came looking for those same items again a couple weeks later they'd fixed the issue for all the items. They seem to listen to their customers. I will be sad when we move away from this HEB.

When I lived on the near west side, I went to the one on Rosillo and commerce as well as the one on Culebra & 24th street. UGH! Totally different. The one on Rosillo especially. Small, crowded, crappy customer service, never enough lanes open, might as well be at Walmart. It was always a miserable experience.

Now, my mom lives close to a big huge mega HEB and won't go because it is sooooo big and I agree, it's a bit much really, when you need a map to get through the store, although the store is nice and clean and has plenty of employees to meet the needs of the customers.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:21 PM

168 posts, read 409,311 times
Quote:

I am happy to report...PROGRESS! Two consecutive trips to two different HEBs, I placed frozen/cold items on the belt last and laid my insulated bag on the belt right before the frozen/cold items. Twice this has been successful in getting the bagger to place frozen/cold items into the insulated bag! I'm on a roll...

Old 07-26-2013, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 903 times
Try custom reusable bags which are in variety of styles, materials and sizes. These bags are easier and comfortable to carry and also look much trendier. These bags are fashionable, Eco-friendly alternative to plastic shopping bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio