Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 05:26 PM

58 posts, read 95,699 times

Advertisements

I have the choice between two places to transfer, Houston and San Antonio. I am in my early-mid 20's, single, male. I will be commuting to Pleasanton on most days. What areas would you recommend I look at for living? I would want my rent to be <1000/month. Apartment or house, I'm fine with either. Also, what kind of nightlife is there besides river walk? I wouldn't know anyone when I make the move.

I did a small search, but didn't find any immediate results fitting my particular criteria. I'm also on a very short notice. I have less than a week to decide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 05:41 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,474,591 times
Were you thinking about commuting to Pleasanton by car from Houston? That's not going to work. If you move to the south side of San Antonio, the commute wouldn't be that bad. You also wouldn't be too far from downtown San Antonio and Southtown (the area south of downtown).

Old 06-26-2013, 05:48 PM

I would want to live in SA, but commute to Pleasanton. I have been to river walk and wasn't too impressed. Not that I have high standards, just a different type of crowd I guess...

Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
People will try to steer you toward Southtown, King William and the Pearl area because you are going to be commuting south. What is your vibe? Are you more urban and hip wanting to be near bars and clubs and other mid twenty somethings or is that just not important? What type of feeling are you looking for? That will help us narrow down your search.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:21 PM

I'm looking for somewhere it will be easy to meet people. I'm really not that much of a bar person except for when I'm with some friends that are visiting and such. I would probably frequent those once a month. I don't want anything too loud during the week, but weekends would be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio