Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 06:56 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,255,930 times

Advertisements

My husband booked a room for our anniversary and I am not a fan of the paranormal or supernatural - except the show but that's a weird fluke. My neighbor stayed and was terrified but they went looking for it with all sorts of equipment and stuff. I really have no desire to be scared especially since it's the first night we've been away together in 9 years. I plan on asking for a room as far away from any room with weird happenings. For the record I'm not so much a believer in ghosts but I do believe in evil so I guess that means I think something could be there - which is enough to worry me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 10:14 PM

89 posts, read 172,093 times
Don't be silly... Just enjoy your stay.

If it's that big of a deal to you, then simply ask him to book elsewhere

Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 AM

2,067 posts, read 5,942,215 times
Why is the OP being 'silly'? First night they have been away together in 9 years (I'm assuming w/o kids) and he books a haunted hotel? I don't think it is my place (or yours) to tell someone else how they should feel.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:38 AM

89 posts, read 172,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Why is the OP being 'silly'? First night they have been away together in 9 years (I'm assuming w/o kids) and he books a haunted hotel? I don't think it is my place (or yours) to tell someone else how they should feel.
Oy.

It's everyone's place to have an opinion about someone posting their problems on a public message board. Surely you can't expect everyone to have the same way of thinking... I certainly don't.

I'll say it again: If the hotel makes you uncomfortable, stay elsewhere. Cancellation policies are in place for a reason. Cancel now, no penalty, tons of other nice properties Downtown. Problem solved.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:41 AM

2,067 posts, read 5,942,215 times
Of course I don't expect everyone to think the same way, I'm also not going to call someone silly for the way they feel. I do agree that she should ask him to book elsewhere.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:10 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,255,930 times
I don't want to ask him to book elsewhere because he's pretty much blown doing something for me and doesn't have a good track record. He didn't realize it was haunted. My only experience is increasingly freaked out text messages from my friend claiming alot of weird stuff, her terror, and that she was never going back again - and she likes that stuff. I was hoping someone could tell me they stayed and had a lovely unghostly time so I could suck it up and make it one night.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:35 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,121,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeel View Post
I don't want to ask him to book elsewhere because he's pretty much blown doing something for me and doesn't have a good track record. He didn't realize it was haunted. My only experience is increasingly freaked out text messages from my friend claiming alot of weird stuff, her terror, and that she was never going back again - and she likes that stuff. I was hoping someone could tell me they stayed and had a lovely unghostly time so I could suck it up and make it one night.
Millions of people have stayed and not experience anything. Stay at the hotel and enjoy it

Old 07-12-2013, 07:40 AM

500 posts, read 769,758 times
Have stayed at the EM twice, as well as the Gunter/Sheraton (another supposedly "haunted" locale) and never had an unusual experience at either. While staff are usually instructed not to freely discuss paranormal happenings with guests, they are well aware which floors/rooms are associated with same and should honor your request to book your room on a different floor.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 AM

291 posts, read 605,178 times
I have a friend who works ther and they said they have never seen anything. They work at various time of day. Dont worry about it.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:02 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,792,714 times
Haunted Hotels San Antonio - Emily Morgan Haunted Hotel | Emily Morgan Hotel San Antonio, TX

I also think a man killed a bunch of hookers in a certain room there. They say you can see the hookers wandering the halls at night. It is probably the room you are staying in haha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio