Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:05 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
as most have stated, if youre from cali, you will feel more at home in austin and your money will still go tons farther than it will in california. i almost survived 2 decades in that craphole austin and wouldnt wish it on anyone, sans transplants looking for a new home
I am not from Cali. I'm a Houstonian who lives in Cali.

I also would not wish Austin on anyone. But I will say the same for SA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 AM

216 posts, read 398,899 times
Move to New Braunfels lots to do in that little town especially if you like the water. 40 min from downtown SA and about 50 min from 6th street in Austin.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:58 PM

60 posts, read 79,757 times
Geargrinder I work in retail right now while attending school almost full-time. I looked at some housing sites and Austin did look quite pricey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder70 View Post
I've lived in both locations and would suggest San Antonio if you want to get away from the California lifestyle. Austin is very restrictive in my opinion and more expensive. What kind of work do you do?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzb98 View Post
I am from Tustin/Irvine area in SoCal. I moved to SA about 9 years ago and have not regretted my decision once. I had the choice between Austin and SA and quite frankly couldn't stand Austin. I still can't truly pinpoint why, but the vibe just wasn't what I wanted. I truly love SA and have a very active social life with a large network of friends. As for jobs, I am an RN so finding work wasn't an issue for me. I would suggest you come to the city and check it out. That is what I did. I came for a week. Stayed in Austin for 3 days and stayed in SA for the remainder of the week. SA just felt like home when I got here.
Thanks! I love hearing advice from people who lived in the same area! It is sounding like people that want to get out of CA end up in San Antonio. I need to go for a few days and get a feel for the neighborhoods.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:05 PM

Thanks to all of you for responding, I had issues logging in to City Data and therefore have not been able to read and respond!

Old 07-27-2013, 08:24 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy paws View Post
not too many good jobs in San Antonio. lots of friends have been unsuccessful in finding something other than Walmart... lol
I would never move anywhere without my employment prospects being no.1. Cant do much dating or going to out to eat with a min-wage job.

There are a lot good emplyers here in SA, just have to have more skills than greeting people at the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio