Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:33 AM

431 posts, read 1,204,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
Perico's is really good for Mexican food and they have a live band out on the patio on Friday and Saturday nights...get a sitter, drink some 'ritas, eat great food and listen to good music...what could be better???
Just an FYI (and if I'm wrong, please correct me), Pericos is owned/operated by the same family that also started Panchito's (and interestingly is related--through family--to the asian restaurants Taipei & Sushihana).

Anyways, from my experience, you can get the same food from Pericos at Panchitos for about $2-3 cheaper...and without the annoying mariachis, or the long wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 11:09 AM

77 posts, read 480,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Rosario's is fantastic. And Los Barrios is very good too (for Mexican food). The Frijoles al la Charra at Los Barrios is delectable.
Which Los Barrios are you referring to? If its the one on Blanco, I was very disappointed.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:12 AM

77 posts, read 480,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Better frijoles a la charra at my mom's!

Damn! I miss Tex-Mex food! I can hardly wait for April when I go home! I want some carne guisada (not asada), enchiladas from Blanco Cafe, mom's menudo, tripitas at Market Square, barbacoa and tamales from Del Rio Tortilla Factory, bean/cheese tacos from Mama Margie's.http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif (broken link)
Youre in California and you miss the mexican food here? Ever since I transferred out here from there, I cant find any good or even decent mexican eateries in the 210 or the 830.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 AM

2,397 posts, read 6,455,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navshirereeve View Post
Youre in California and you miss the mexican food here? Ever since I transferred out here from there, I cant find any good or even decent mexican eateries in the 210 or the 830.
I specified Tex-Mex food, which is quite different from Mexican food here. It's not bad here, just different from which I'm accustomed. Decent is relative.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:54 PM

865 posts, read 2,431,604 times
Depends on if you want "fancy" seafood or something more kid friendly. There's a lot of fried seafood here. Personally, as far as fried seafood goes, I like Sea Island Shrimp House, and it's pretty kid friendly.

Tex-Mex, ESP. with kids -Mama Margies on I-10. Has good food, and the atmosphere is great. The kids can watch tortillas being made, and the whole place looks like a Mexican village just dropped out of the sky and you're eating there.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:00 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,059 times
I think it would be cool to name each resturant in the area with the best of one certain thing. I have been to many of the local places, and there are goods and bads about all of them. I usualy have something in mind when I go out to eat, and am not as concerned about the rest of the menu. For example: In San Antonio here are a couple of my favorites.

Best Steak - The Stetson in the Hilton Placio del Rio (If it's even still there)
Best Desert - The Buttermilk Pie at the Oasis on Lake Medina
Best Breakfast Taco - Guadalajara on SE Military behind the HEB (If it's still there)

Anyway, where is the best plain ole' Spaghetti and Meatballs in SA?? I'd also like to find a place with great Chicken Fried Steak. I know alot of places have it on the menu, but nothing as of yeat has stood me out of my chair in cheer!...lol.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:07 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
I think it would be cool to name each resturant in the area with the best of one certain thing. I have been to many of the local places, and there are goods and bads about all of them. I usualy have something in mind when I go out to eat, and am not as concerned about the rest of the menu. For example: In San Antonio here are a couple of my favorites.

Best Steak - The Stetson in the Hilton Placio del Rio (If it's even still there)
Best Breakfast Taco - Guadalajara on SE Military behind the HEB (If it's still there)

Anyway, where is the best plain ole' Spaghetti and Meatballs in SA?? I'd also like to find a place with great Chicken Fried Steak. I know alot of places have it on the menu, but nothing as of yeat has stood me out of my chair in cheer!...lol.
Best Pasta - Piatti - Yum!

Old 01-01-2009, 04:42 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Best Pasta - Piatti - Yum!
We were very impressed with Piatti's.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:56 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
I specified Tex-Mex food, which is quite different from Mexican food here. It's not bad here, just different from which I'm accustomed. Decent is relative.
Big amen to that! Cal-Mex food is not bad, it is just completely different.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:39 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post

Good idea!

On the Chicken Fried Steak ~ have you TRIED Lulu's???!!!! It's been since the "owner change" that those in our family who eat it have had it there, but it was an H.I.T.!!! (No one in our family has been there since Mike opened Green and took Luann with him, soooooooo........)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio