Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 03:09 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times

Advertisements

Ate at Mr. & Mrs. G's for lunch.

Best. Home. Cooking. Period.

Everything was fantastic and dirt cheap. I love to practice my superiority on the food chain but damn, the veggie sides were so tasty I would consider making a meal just out of their sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 AM

6 posts, read 10,415 times
I don't think that Good Mexican Food exists in San Antonio, It is all Tex Mex ie Hamburger and refried beans, Poor substitute for Mexican food, Taco Cabana and Taco Bell are about the best you can get here. I guess it is a San Antonio thang If it is to your taste go for it, home is the best place for Mexican Food here.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:28 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwinginit View Post
I don't think that Good Mexican Food exists in San Antonio, It is all Tex Mex ie Hamburger and refried beans, Poor substitute for Mexican food, Taco Cabana and Taco Bell are about the best you can get here. I guess it is a San Antonio thang If it is to your taste go for it, home is the best place for Mexican Food here.
Well, I guess you are an afficianado, coming from CA. What would we know of our tastes or likes. Probably not enough sour cream or tofu to suit you. Or, perhaps, YOU, don't know where to go. Your opinion is fine. You could have ended your comment after the first three words. That encompasses the rhetoric from someone such as yourself.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:44 PM

16 posts, read 38,125 times
Quote:
Well, I guess you win. You're much better than the rest of us.

There are plenty of great Mexican food places, if you bothered to take your head out of your orafice. (What? I meant his neck!)

Example: Guajillo's - Blanco and 410. That's some good stuff. Try their picadillo tostadas - none better.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 PM

119 posts, read 430,704 times
We get very touchy about our Mexican food!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:06 AM

915 posts, read 1,904,301 times
If you admit to eating at TC and taco bell, in your search for Mexican food, how much credibility do you expect?

SA's restaurant scene lacks a lot, but Mexican is certainly not one of them.

There are several restaurants here that specialize in straight Mexican food. Try them and disparage them specifically and maybe someone might buy your proclamation that merely "good" Mexican food does not exist in SA.

Now tell me where SA's great Shanghai, Swedish, German, Ethiopian, and Belgian restaurants are (key word great)? Heck, where are the great "new american" places?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:04 AM

905 posts, read 2,959,750 times
Quote:
Did anyone else get a laugh out of these comments? Especially what I emphasized in bold? Lets see... there's the "touristy" type Mexican restaurants, the "hole in the wall/mom&pop type Mexican restaurants, the 'authentic' Mexican restaurants, the Baja/California style Mexican restaurants, the gourmet Mexican restaurants, geeze, the list could go on and on and on. With all those choices, how can you possibly say that good Mexican food doesn't exist in SA? About the only thing I can agree with you on is that homemade is the best. Ask most people about what they enjoyed about their visit here and they will all most always answer, "Mexican Food!!"

Out of curiosity, just where have you eaten?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
Heck, where are the great "new american" places?

supposed to be getting a Jaspers!

Welcome To Jasper's:Backyard Style Country Cuisine - Plano, Austin & The Woodlands

Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 AM

399 posts, read 1,139,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
It's going into La Cantera Phase 2. I've heard great things about The Woodlands location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio