Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 06:48 PM

54 posts, read 190,969 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the advice. The pest control was by the apartment and I figured what they sprayed wasn't going to work.

If the boric acid doesn't work I'll see if I can one day get everyone and the pets to leave the apartment to use Orthene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 08:40 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
Maybe the apartment owner should take care of it

Old 07-17-2013, 09:10 PM

472 posts, read 1,076,299 times
I just had a plumber come over to my place to check for a bathtub leak,...if it's a wall thats on the other side of the bathtub... it's probably the culprit,...he said he had a customer with a leak from the bathtub,.. and before he could fix it,..he had to clear out a very large ant nest,..they are attracted to moisture.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco2 View Post
I just had a plumber come over to my place to check for a bathtub leak,...if it's a wall thats on the other side of the bathtub... it's probably the culprit,...he said he had a customer with a leak from the bathtub,.. and before he could fix it,..he had to clear out a very large ant nest,..they are attracted to moisture.
It's a wall between a garage and living room.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:53 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHungry View Post
It's a wall between a garage and living room.
Are there washer connections or water heaters in the garages? A water leak is a good theory when the ants are on an inside wall. I had an apartment where the kitchen wall would just be crawling with ants, which they fixed by sending an exterminator out twice a week to spray until the problem cleared up. Later on it turned out that the pipes in the kitchen were broken down in the foundation and they said that the leak was probably to blame for the ant-covered wall.

(In that same apartment, one day the wall in my kids' bedroom was covered with hundreds of large, slow-moving flies, which disappeared the next day. That was much creepier than the ants.)

Old 07-18-2013, 10:01 AM

There is a water heater, but it isn't connected to the wall with the ants. Some of the ants do travel to and come out of a floor threshold that is connected to the water heater wall. They mostly come out of the side farthest away from the water heater wall.

Last edited by SoHungry; 07-18-2013 at 10:16 AM..

Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 AM

7 posts, read 10,720 times
I usually use the home defense stuff from Home Depot, put a nice thick line where you feel they are coming, but do all the way around the base board.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:14 PM

I'm at a loss at what to do now. I'm actually a bit traumatized. The ants did disappear for 3 weeks, but I don't think it was from anything I did. I stop using the poison sometime before they disappeared. They are back now. Not nearly as many as before, but now they are more concentrated on anywhere clothes and towels are. About 3 hours ago my closet has become infested. Before that I have not seen a trace of ants in the closet. That is pretty scary. I have used Orthene around the apartment, but they always find some other place to appear. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually start coming out of the vents and sockets.

Tomorrow I will wash all my infected clothes and put them in containers with a lid. That's all that I can think of to do. I hope the ants do not find a way in the containers.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:11 AM

243 posts, read 333,776 times
I know you most likely have a reason, but why not just move. They cannot hold you to a lease with the ant problem you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio