Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:37 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,776,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire
Help? I think it will launch our lard-butts into first place! Everybody's gotta be good at something.

Woo hoo! Next stop, my thighs!

I was also ROFL, and thought the same thing, and I believe she deserves yet another rep point.......
well, all right, apparently I must have given you some rep earlier, Sapphire and the Gods of Rep have determined that I must 'spread it around before I give to [you] again'.... sorry, I tried......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 10:54 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
well, all right, apparently I must have given you some rep earlier, Sapphire and the Gods of Rep have determined that I must 'spread it around before I give to [you] again'.... sorry, I tried......
Thanks, PGR! I appreciate rep points, but my main grumble with them is--if you're going to leave me a negative one, be man/woman enough to leave your name!!

How's Bruce?

Old 11-11-2007, 08:05 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
speaking of expensive fast food.. $25 for four really isn't all that bad, especially if you were to try and do it at whataburger.. We were in Rolling Oaks Mall yesterday and my wife ordered from the chinese place in the food court and it was too hot for her, so she ended up not eating it. Of course she said she didn't want anything to replace it... so we're driving down Bandera and she decides she does need a replacement (all husbands will get this one).. so the nearest place is a whataburger where we get a chicken sandwich with bacon and a medium drink, which somehow cost $6.96.. after I made sure I wasn't hearing things with the drive-thru girl I tell her to just make it a meal since it's already insanely high and we add a med. onion ring.. now the total is almost $9 and the girl next to her asks why it's so high. This is hopefully where someone from whataburger is reading and asks themselves how they can possibly justify almost $9 for a meal that doesn't really even taste very good, plus we of course got french fries instead of onion rings..
needless to say, that'll be the last time we ever eat at one of those places.. for $2 more we could've gone to Chili's and got their half rack of ribs w/ fries, salad, and dessert special and actually enjoyed some quality food..
BTW, adding bacon to any whataburger sandwich somehow costs $1.17.. I'd love to see how they justify that charge and I'd also love to see a disclaimer in their stupidly annoying ads that states you can get a huge combination of options on your sandwich, but it could also easily cost over $20 after the prices of the options are added up..

Old 11-11-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
speaking of expensive fast food.. $25 for four really isn't all that bad, especially if you were to try and do it at whataburger.. We were in Rolling Oaks Mall yesterday and my wife ordered from the chinese place in the food court and it was too hot for her, so she ended up not eating it. Of course she said she didn't want anything to replace it... so we're driving down Bandera and she decides she does need a replacement (all husbands will get this one).. so the nearest place is a whataburger where we get a chicken sandwich with bacon and a medium drink, which somehow cost $6.96.. after I made sure I wasn't hearing things with the drive-thru girl I tell her to just make it a meal since it's already insanely high and we add a med. onion ring.. now the total is almost $9 and the girl next to her asks why it's so high. This is hopefully where someone from whataburger is reading and asks themselves how they can possibly justify almost $9 for a meal that doesn't really even taste very good, plus we of course got french fries instead of onion rings..
needless to say, that'll be the last time we ever eat at one of those places.. for $2 more we could've gone to Chili's and got their half rack of ribs w/ fries, salad, and dessert special and actually enjoyed some quality food..
BTW, adding bacon to any whataburger sandwich somehow costs $1.17.. I'd love to see how they justify that charge and I'd also love to see a disclaimer in their stupidly annoying ads that states you can get a huge combination of options on your sandwich, but it could also easily cost over $20 after the prices of the options are added up..
Yes, Whataburger is high. In their defense, though, my son worked there all through high school making over $8 an hour, which is pretty high pay for the fast food industry. Plus they offer benefits. So I guess it's like Starbucks in a way--they want you to pay a premium price so they can pay a fair wage.

And my husband reminded me--it was 29 bucks at Carl's Jr. And whenever we remind ourselves, we do end up going to Chili's, and damned if we can't get out for under $50. But at least they keep the drinks filled. I just can't recommend the one at Culebra and 1604. Bad food experience at that one.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
hmm, I did not know that and that does make a difference. Thanks for the info. I'd give you some + rep, but of course I have to spread it around first. The system here is kinda annoying with that.. so I guess you have to settle for a thank you

BTW, I've always had good service at that Chili's, but they would not serve me a rare hamburger and would not allow me to order a drink for my 20 year old daughter.. I personally don't appreciate a company trying to be the social police.. They could've at least had me sign a waiver for both of them and I gladly would've..

Old 11-11-2007, 10:21 AM

933 posts, read 1,978,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yes, Whataburger is high. In their defense, though, my son worked there all through high school making over $8 an hour, which is pretty high pay for the fast food industry. Plus they offer benefits. So I guess it's like Starbucks in a way--they want you to pay a premium price so they can pay a fair wage.

And my husband reminded me--it was 29 bucks at Carl's Jr. And whenever we remind ourselves, we do end up going to Chili's, and damned if we can't get out for under $50. But at least they keep the drinks filled. I just can't recommend the one at Culebra and 1604. Bad food experience at that one.
Please don't throw food at me for its too darn expensive...but we went to Whataburger once and did not care for it.

Not sure what all the hype was, some of which was coming from Mrs. Spamatdan (who ate there 20 years ago when her sister was stationed here in SA) but even she was not impressed this time.

Though I did enjoy the fact that they fry their pies, so I will be back for those.

I am still trying to figure out though how we spent $45 at the Johnny Rocket's in the San Marcos outlets.

I should have headed back down the road to the Texas Roadhouse and had me a nice steak.

Oh...and peanuts...PEANUTS I say!

Old 11-11-2007, 10:59 AM

330 posts, read 1,373,084 times
I wonder if San Antonio will be getting their commercials...

warning: probably not safe for work, even though these have all been on prime-time TV.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pAJp_LmraQM -- the infamous Paris Hilton ad

YouTube - Carl's Jr. Girlfriend -- Buffalo chicken sandwich

YouTube - Carl's Jr. 'I like Flat Buns' Commercial -- Flat buns

Old 11-11-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzy View Post
I wonder if San Antonio will be getting their commercials...

warning: probably not safe for work, even though these have all been on prime-time TV.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pAJp_LmraQM -- the infamous Paris Hilton ad

YouTube - Carl's Jr. Girlfriend -- Buffalo chicken sandwich

YouTube - Carl's Jr. 'I like Flat Buns' Commercial -- Flat buns
Yes, they do go for the over-the-top advertising, but they did edit the flat buns commercial. It was a "hot for teacher" concept that left sort of a bad taste in people's mouths due to the rash of female teacher/adolescent male student affairs that have been "popular" lately. Yeah, I know the guys dig it, but most women find it reprehensible.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:49 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,064,393 times
This woman found it funny!

Old 11-11-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
This woman found it funny!
Yes, I'm sure that every woman that doesn't find it reprehensible will come on here and either negative rep me, or let the world know they find it funny. I just thought it was interesting that they edited it due to the outcry. All of us fat, unattractive, old bags get really upset at all the young, hot ones shaking their booties in front of our impressionable sons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio