Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 12:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,716 times

Advertisements

Can the Army Military Police pull Army Personnel over at the gate for fake license plates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 12:56 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,032 times
Yes

Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 2,716 times
Thanks for you answer. I can't find it on the Bexar County arrest records. How can I follow up on this to see if it really happened. Is these type of arrest not turned over to the county and are they not public record?

Old 08-01-2013, 02:19 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,974 times
Actions taken on a Military base, in most cases, will be handled through a Military court(if you are Military) or Federal court system(if you are not Military but within Military Jurisdiction). Bexar County has nothing to do with it.

A Military base is Federal Land and does not come under the jurisdiction of the State/County/City it is in.

To answer your question, any violation of any law/statute or directive of the proper authority can result in a traffic stop. Fake plates are illegal everywhere. Thus, it is a valid stop. Not only can they, but that is the exact thing they want to stop someone for.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
Actions taken on a Military base, in most cases, will be handled through a Military court(if you are Military) or Federal court system(if you are not Military but within Military Jurisdiction). Bexar County has nothing to do with it.

A Military base is Federal Land and does not come under the jurisdiction of the State/County/City it is in.

To answer your question, any violation of any law/statute or directive of the proper authority can result in a traffic stop. Fake plates are illegal everywhere. Thus, it is a valid stop. Not only can they, but that is the exact thing they want to stop someone for.

I am not to sure about the politics behind it. but a friend got a ticket on base ( we are civil service) and she had to go down town to pay. that mean the county gets the $$$$.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:48 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I am not to sure about the politics behind it. but a friend got a ticket on base ( we are civil service) and she had to go down town to pay. that mean the county gets the $$$$.
She went downtown to the FEDERAL courthouse, not bexar county.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:54 AM

894 posts, read 1,546,967 times
If it was a military member who committed the offense, it may not go to a court at all, but be referred to their commander who can deliver Non-Judicial Punishment (NJP) under Article 15 of the UCMJ. Depending on the rank of the commander, the punishment can be quite severe...more than a civilian court or magistrate could administer. Of course the service member can always demand a trial by courts martial, but they do so at the peril of exacting an even greater punishment than they would receive under NJP. As far as the record of NJP, it is rarely made public, though may be obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
She went downtown to the FEDERAL courthouse, not bexar county.
you got me on that. I have no idea. I thought there was just the bexar county courthouse. Maybe it was the federal one. If it was the federal one, I wonder where the money goes.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM

349 posts, read 422,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitytrustme View Post
Can the Army Military Police pull Army Personnel over at the gate for fake license plates?

if you are dumb enough to have fake plates then you should have the full force of the law throw into your face.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:50 PM

282 posts, read 341,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
you got me on that. I have no idea. I thought there was just the bexar county courthouse. Maybe it was the federal one. If it was the federal one, I wonder where the money goes.
The US District Court and US Magistrate who handles non-military offenses on Joint Base San Antonio like traffic violations is located downtown on Cesar Chavez Blvd. Fines collected most probably go into the US Treasury General Fund.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: