Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,619,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmat View Post
Good in the sense for that community. I had heard DR Horton was going to back out which is why we waited, but I think the area is nicely developing; just wondered how having Fieldstone move in and take over the area would affect the subdvision.
DR Horton already backed out of Wolfcreek last year. Fieldstone should keep the infrastructure from falling apart, though I would press for a park/pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 11:34 AM

6 posts, read 23,649 times
I hope it doesn't bring my property value down. Thay are simple and cheaper than the DR HOrton homes already in the sub'd.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:07 PM

Field Stone is building way cheaper homes in WolfCreek than DR Horton. I mean a big difference in price. That's because it's a cheaper quality home compared to DR Horton. It is going to affect values...negatively. sorry. I own a home there built by DR Horton and I hate the idea that the property owners can do what they please. I'd much rather had preferred Lennar or somebody lke that.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:04 PM

85 posts, read 329,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
DR Horton already backed out of Wolfcreek last year. Fieldstone should keep the infrastructure from falling apart, though I would press for a park/pool.
I totally agree that we need a park and a freakin pool. One of my neighbors told me that in a meeting they said that something along the lines was going to be built but they never did.

I haven't checked the model homes but they look nice. I might swing around today.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 PM

546 posts, read 1,493,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcreek Owner View Post
Field Stone is building way cheaper homes in WolfCreek than DR Horton. I mean a big difference in price. That's because it's a cheaper quality home compared to DR Horton. It is going to affect values...negatively. sorry. I own a home there built by DR Horton and I hate the idea that the property owners can do what they please. I'd much rather had preferred Lennar or somebody lke that.
To be honest the quality of the home is really about the same. My husband and i looked at both DR horton amherst and Fieldstone before we went with Fieldstone. DR horton is a good builder but they use the same hardy plank wood that fieldstone does... DR just charges a lot more for their homes because you get a lot of the extras that you dont get with fieldstone like rounded corners...

Walk through a fieldstone house before you are quick to judge...

Old 09-15-2009, 12:03 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,123,575 times
According to DR Horton's website, they are returning to Wolf Creek very soon.

Wolf Creek Community - D.R.Horton - America's Builder

Old 09-15-2009, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 14,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
According to DR Horton's website, they are returning to Wolf Creek very soon.

Wolf Creek Community - D.R.Horton - America's Builder

That's not really true. I live at Wolfcreek and a friend of mine received an e-mail from Horton saying this was his last chance to buy one of the few leftover spec. homes. While it appears they still own a couple of spec. homes in the division, they are NOT coming back. They have chosen to begin building again across 1604, facing Wolfcreek, throwing it our faces that they are building again and oh by the way we screwed you over and are going to sell homes over here. Typical shady business saving a buck and not concerned about the customer.

Last edited by Roushfan; 09-15-2009 at 12:55 PM..

Old 09-15-2009, 05:42 PM

I walked through the new FieldStone model hmes. They are not bad, but what makes them cheaper, I mean value to cost of building and resale, is that they have a really simple floor plan. You're right about the rounded corners and the extras that you get withthe DR Horton homes, but it also costs more. Anyway, I talked to a sales rep for FieldStoneand they said that there are no plans to build a community park. He said that we could get access to the community park that they will eventually build in the Amber Creek Sub'd right around the corner along side Hwy 90. That totally blows.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:45 PM

The neighborhood is nice and quiet, well because there aren't a lot of homes built, but Hopefully, our property values doesn't go down too much. Mine has already dropped about $20k. I would love to sell and get me a Lennar home or just build my own. It would be hard to sell right now and the forecast is things will still get worse. The house has been and will continue to be a blessing. I don't think I can get a low interest rate again.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:59 PM

546 posts, read 1,493,214 times
i just find it hard that a builder like DR horton would just pull out of a subdivision and pack up and go across the street and say oh well to the people that purchased in wolf creek. I think builders should be held to things they have the intentions of building...like community pool, park what not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio