Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 PM

20 posts, read 85,537 times

Advertisements

Now that you mention wild hogs, I saw a group of 9 "grazing " on the grass right as I came up the hill next to the model home on the premier plus side of Riverstone in Alamo Ranch Monday evening. I guess they felt it was pretty safe to come"hang out" since it was around 11 p.m. I've also seen fox and deer, and even had wild bunnies running through my yard. I think we're fortunate to have some of these running around free among us and our homes. But the hogs do scare me a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,245,491 times
Plenty of deer along and north of the airport -- especially around McAllister Park.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:57 PM

12 posts, read 49,467 times
We live in the Medical Center area and there are more than enough deer here... I have seen them by the golf course off of Callaghan and Babcock and also DEEP in the neighborhood between Callaghan, Babcock, & Wurzbach.. like around Cambray, Baywater & Newcome specifically, along with a flock or so of peacocks. Crazy!! lol

~Katchya

Old 11-16-2007, 07:07 AM

351 posts, read 1,585,158 times
Hello,

Iv'e even seen a herd of coyotes roaming the streets at Vance Jackson & Colony Dr. when I was riding my Bike.

It was about 03:00 am. (this was about 15-20 yrs ago).

Wilderness is everywhere in San Antonio.

On my ranch just north of Boerne, one of my full grown goats (with a nice set of horns) had its throat ripped out and was partially eaten.

More than likely a mountain lion.

Plenty of deer everywhere in S.A.

Venison, YUM!!

crazedchef

Old 11-16-2007, 09:47 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I saw a dead one yesterday morning in the driveway to the HEB at Babcock/Huebner, then another one on Babcock/Hausmann. We almost hit one at 70 miles an hour on 1604 at I 10 one night a few weeks back. That would've left a mark.
My oldest daughter hit a deer on Military Drive West and Ellison (next to Sea World) a couple of years ago. Yeah! It left a $1000 (deductible) mark on her car. My insurance said I could go after the "other party" to try and collect the money...but the deer didn't stay around to give its insurance info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio