Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 09:18 AM

10 posts, read 13,880 times

Advertisements

The "east side" covers a large area - the areas that are just east of downtown are being fixed up - I would love to live in one of those character houses. I would however, stay away from the far east side and definitely stay away from Camelot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 10:17 AM

7 posts, read 13,312 times
Again, thank you.
The only "East Side" that I am familiar with is of E Commerce, and I dont think I would want to live there.
Some houses are SO CUTE though, it is a shame.
I have been looking through Zillow at the areas you all recommended and they all seem affordable- which is great.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbohannon82 View Post
The "east side" covers a large area - the areas that are just east of downtown are being fixed up - I would love to live in one of those character houses. I would however, stay away from the far east side and definitely stay away from Camelot.
Do you know exactly what is considered "far east"?
Like a couple street names?

Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,415,779 times
The far east side is rural. Areas like Camelot and The Glen are more far northeast or east northeast (a geographic term I'm not sure most are familiar with).

Old 10-09-2013, 11:21 AM

10 posts, read 13,880 times
E Houston St, WW White.......Camelot is off Midcrown/Walzem area (this may be considered more NE by some, but it's part of the east sector). Avoid the "Glen" streets off Montgomery. There are some nice neighborhoods like Windcrest, East Terrell Hills, Wilshire along with everyting else the others posted.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:24 PM

9 posts, read 9,977 times
I too am interested in what the OP means by "east side". Does he mean the area just east of downtown like Dignowity or further east like the att center area or even further east like St. Hedwig.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcro View Post
I too am interested in what the OP means by "east side". Does he mean the area just east of downtown like Dignowity or further east like the att center area or even further east like St. Hedwig.
I am interested in all of it, really.

I was asking in a broad manner mostly because I am not familiar with the neighborhoods, and what is considered the East Side or not.
SO really any advice is beneficial.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM

15 posts, read 35,101 times
You should also look into the southeast side, Highland Park and Highland Hills. Both have access to Southtown but also are close to more modern stores at City Base and McCrelless shopping center. Most of the homes are historic or mid-century cottages. It is easy to bike and the homes are affordale (around 75K). There is also a nice urban park, South Side Lions Park around 600 acres with a large lake, swimming pool, and access to the Salado Creek hike and bike trail.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:09 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,769,285 times
Without getting too specific, I have felt pretty unsafe and nervous driving in certain areas on the east side, probably more so than anywhere else in the city. But I have to admit I'm not too familiar with it as a whole.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:38 AM

733 posts, read 1,041,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haushy14 View Post
Hey everyone!
I've lived here in San Antonio for about 4 years, and I love it so we've decided i'd like to rent/rent to own a house finally.
So I'm a young professional, 20 years old live with my fiancee who is 25, have two dogs, yada yada yada. Together, we could probably affoard about 850 to 900 a month on rent or a mortgage.
I'll just ask it up front- is the East Side totally out of the question?
depends on what your tolerance level is for filth, garbage and crime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio