Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:36 AM

9 posts, read 40,966 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into Child Montessori School for my daughter and there seems to be little about it posted on school review sites, etc. If anyone can share any information or experiences with this school, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 7,231 times
I'm also looking at Child Montessori in San Antonio. I you heard anything more about it. I have talked to two parents who really like it.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:02 PM

6 posts, read 31,751 times
My child started going there this August, and we really love it. The director is very knowledgeable on child centered practices, which is a basis of montessori. The teachers are all accredited through highly respectable montessori programs. The classrooms are a very peaceful place to be. It so surprising to walk into a classroom of 3-6 year olds and to see all the children working independantly and calmly. My four year old is constantly surprising me with the level of information she comes home with. It's a very small school, so there aren't many bells and whistles as far as grounds or extra curricular activities go, but they are truly focused on the child. Many of the teachers are bilingual and speak to all the students in Spanish and English throughout the day. The students are VERY diverse and parents hail from around the world. You can check out a past blog post I did raving about montessori with a few pics from the school at

I Love Montessori! — sarah brooke photography
hope that helps!

Old 02-19-2009, 05:38 PM

Thanks for the reply and the blog link--very helpful!

Old 02-19-2009, 05:39 PM

Unfortunately I don't know anyone whose child has attended the school but I liked what I saw on my visits there.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 6,405 times
I recently pulled out my daughter because I found out they are feeding snacks on the floor and they admitted they had grown too much with not enough chairs and tables to feed the children on a table. The main teacher is rarely in the classroom. She also promptly leaves at 2:15 and does not see the kids off. The field trips they do provide are nothing but disorganized. A lot of parents are moving their kids out because the school is heading a wrong direction.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:32 AM

I have two children in the school now and I really love it. My 1st grader is reading at a 4th grade level. My 4 year old has just begun reading. The teachers are wonderful and very much present in my daughters' classes. No school is perfect, of course, and it isn't the right school for everyone, but I see no sign it's heading in the wrong direction. I feel really lucky to have found it.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 5,999 times
I have no information about Child Montessori School , but I have one child in Pinnacle Montessori Academy off Bulverde Road, San Antonio, TX. I like them very much.

Teachers are very friendly and Montessori trained. My child is learning a lot and very happy to go to school every day.
The school is highly secured and monitored. You need to key in the code (separate for each parents) to enter the school. They have a big screen TV in the front office and you can watch your child from there. They serve hot lunch. They have a walking trail behind their school. Children can go and explore during recess time.
I will highly recommend Pinnacle Montessori Academy.

Last edited by Jenny_SA; 12-15-2010 at 11:40 AM..

Old 04-25-2011, 02:21 PM

24 posts, read 112,385 times
Country Day Montessori off of Jung Road (near Bulverde and Knoll Creek)

Both of my children have attended here and will be attending in the Fall. They go from 2.5 years to 6th grade. Pinnacle is a newer school. Country Day is established and has excellent teachers that are very experienced. My daughter went to public school kindergarten because of age (October birthday) she essentially repeated Kindergarten. We very quickly realized that she needs to go back to Country Day as her public school is not challenging (NEISD). She is currently in TAG and is reading at the 2nd grade level. She will be going back to Country Day this Fall along with my son who will be just shy of 4 years old. She will be going into the first grade and I anticipate her being at the 3rd to 4th grade reading level by the end of her 1st grade year.

The campus is older. But they offer a growing garden and farm animals to be around and learn about. While in the city, the area is not in a neighborhood and is bordered by a small ranch and some city utility property across the street.

I don't know about Pinnacle but I can tell you that Country Day is top notch and we couldn't be happier there.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:42 PM

7 posts, read 13,949 times
Default Cibolo Montessori?

Any information on Montessori schools near Cibolo/Schertz?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio