Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:24 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times

Advertisements

I have comp and collision, but hopefully it's something that can be removed by the paintless dent removal method. I was going to call the police, but our last experience with them left a very sour taste in both of our mouths. My wife had the car when it had the hit and run in the parking lot and the cop that showed up for it didn't want to do anything. He never even got out of the car..

I am not going to take matters into my own hands either. I have a good job and a very good security clearance and both of them would probably disappear if I did anything as stupid as this guy. I suppose I do have to call the police, so at least I have a record of it. I'm guessing they seriously won't like to come out tomorrow, but I'll give the non-emergency number a call and see what they say.

Boy, I'd definitely change quite a few things if I had this all to do over. Hopefully someone else can learn a lesson from it and do a better job if this ever happens to them.

Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 09:50 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I have comp and collision, but hopefully it's something that can be removed by the paintless dent removal method. I was going to call the police, but our last experience with them left a very sour taste in both of our mouths. My wife had the car when it had the hit and run in the parking lot and the cop that showed up for it didn't want to do anything. He never even got out of the car..

I am not going to take matters into my own hands either. I have a good job and a very good security clearance and both of them would probably disappear if I did anything as stupid as this guy. I suppose I do have to call the police, so at least I have a record of it. I'm guessing they seriously won't like to come out tomorrow, but I'll give the non-emergency number a call and see what they say.

Boy, I'd definitely change quite a few things if I had this all to do over. Hopefully someone else can learn a lesson from it and do a better job if this ever happens to them.

Thanks again

Well, you're probably right about the dent wizard re repairs, but are you suggesting then that you'd just pay for it yourself and not file any claim at all?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,403 times
If you were at a light, maybe one of those little cameras caught something?

Old 11-22-2007, 03:41 AM

oh I'll definitely pay for it myself. I have a 19 and 20 year old on my policy, so I'm already getting killed and it should be only a few hundred dollars at most (I hope so!), so it's not worth losing all my discounts and probably doubling my premium..

brilliant idea on the cameras cheermomof4girls. Thanks mucho
I'll find out more today, thanks again to everyone. This is a great group of people.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:58 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,403 times
rd, have you found out anything yet?

Old 11-26-2007, 02:55 AM

unfortunately no.. and the worst part is I now hate my car.. it just brings back bad memories and reminds me of a few bad decisions I made. worst part is, it's not even a year old

I'll be getting an estimate for the repair some time this week. I'm sure I'll feel better when it's gone. Hopefully my wallet can say the same thing..

Old 11-26-2007, 07:29 AM

454 posts, read 505,320 times
File a claim. If anything at least it's on record and if this guy ever does something stupid again, it may come up.

FWIW - I was hit, pretty bad damage, in a hit-and-run (I was parked and not in the vehicle). I went directly over to the police station (as it was just down the road) and reported it. Lucky for me someone saw it and left me a note, who happened to work for the DA so had all the details. The cop did a great job of following up - even called the guy which scared the h*ll out of him... That's just to say I had a good experience with SAPD on that one.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 AM

343 posts, read 1,305,330 times
I was once followed by a car after I honked at the driver in the valley. The car cut my off and forced me to stop. Five guys get out the car and start banging on my door.

I lowered my window and started arguing with them and by this time I was pissed. I knew I was outnumbered but I wasn't gonna put up with that crap. Luckily my girlfriend was with me that time and I regained my senses and just drove off. Went back that night with some friends to look for them but couldn't find them.

But ever since then, I drive with a crowbar and a tool piece that has a hidden knife under my seat. You never know what idiot is out there.

But I would never follow someone or walk up to them if they cut me off or did something similar.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:15 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
I keep a crowbar under the seat for protection, too.

Sorry to read about the dent. Found a dent in my parked car recently and it looked like someone deliberately put their fist into the front panel. I don't have enemies (I think) - probably a drunk. Its just a hassle giving up your wheels for a few days to get it fixed.

Hope you get your car fixed soon. Be careful out there in SA land, too.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 PM

129 posts, read 335,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I keep a crowbar under the seat for protection, too.

Sorry to read about the dent. Found a dent in my parked car recently and it looked like someone deliberately put their fist into the front panel. I don't have enemies (I think) - probably a drunk. Its just a hassle giving up your wheels for a few days to get it fixed.

Hope you get your car fixed soon. Be careful out there in SA land, too.
I keep a Glock .45, and with Texas' laws allowing people to carry in the car, I would suggest it.

Some people are crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio