Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 08:53 AM

733 posts, read 1,046,900 times

Advertisements

San Antonio boy, 12, leads police on chase that ends with crash | News - Home

really people, you want to have kids? frickin WATCH THEM and dont let them do crap like this. great guh parents these days...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 09:34 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
San Antonio boy, 12, leads police on chase that ends with crash | News - Home

really people, you want to have kids? frickin WATCH THEM and dont let them do crap like this. great guh parents these days...
The article didn't really say anything about the parents... The San Antonio police say the boy apparently got into a fight with his father and took his father's Cadillac. The 12 year old boy was apparently off his medication. The boy struck three cars at a stoplight and eventually came to a stop when he crashed in front of the Bill Miller’s Bar-B-Q on... Hopefully the child and everyone else will recover.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:37 AM

733 posts, read 1,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
The article didn't really say anything about the parents... The San Antonio police say the boy apparently got into a fight with his father and took his father's Cadillac. The 12 year old boy was apparently off his medication. The boy struck three cars at a stoplight and eventually came to a stop when he crashed in front of the Bill Miller’s Bar-B-Q on... Hopefully the child and everyone else will recover.
parents left keys out where child could get them. BAD PARENTS. could have been avoided if they had put keys away, out of kids reach.

darwin musta been on vacation or something :\

Old 11-15-2013, 09:41 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,689,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
parents left keys out where child could get them. BAD PARENTS. could have been avoided if they had put keys away, out of kids reach.

darwin musta been on vacation or something :\

I think there is a lot more to it than just bad parenting. if the child was on off meds and had serious mental health conditions then something may have happened no matter whether the keys were out or not. It may not have been as damaging as this or involving as many people, but geez. My parents left their keys out all the time and never once did it cross my mind to get in their car and drive it, upset or not.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:07 AM

138 posts, read 187,364 times
KM1174 - do you even HAVE children? This kid was off his meds. He got angry and did something that most 12 year olds wouldn't do. Anyone with children knows you cannot WATCH them every waking moment. You'd never do anything else! The only time I put keys out of my children's/grandchildren's reach was when they were toddlers because they would hide them never to be found again. I hope this boy gets back on track and everyone recovers.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:42 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times
They should be glad this is ALL that happened. In Iowa a 19yr old stol his dad's truck after an argument and ended up dead (shot by police)

Old 11-15-2013, 12:42 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
This isn't one of those things you can blame on parenting. I'm sure that boy is in a children's mental hospital right now...news stories can't say that because of privacy, but that's the kind of incident where the boy would end up in the hospital until his meds could be stabilized. Some of the kids they bring in, the only thing they can do is lock them up in a padded room until they wear themselves out, then they can start treatment.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:51 PM

69 posts, read 95,760 times
Kid was almost certainly bipolar. Don't be too quick to judge the parents. Not sure why the kid would be off his meds. Perhaps he was lying about taking them. Or perhaps the prescription had not been refilled (maybe too expensive or problems with insurance). Not sure. But this is not unusual behavior for someone in a manic phase.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:31 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,828,800 times
12 year old steals car....can't sit for a week.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:42 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
What meds is that kid on. Those meds hurt more than help. At 12 I was smoking pot and never got in trouble smoking that. Or never thought about disrespecting my parents , a good butt whipping would follow. But since I was smoking pot, I was just happy. Maybe a joint would do the kid some justice. At least pot is healthier than the pills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio