Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 08:10 PM

5 posts, read 9,886 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving to San Antonio from the Kansas City, Mo Area. What areas should I avoid in Tx. I have 2 small kids. I need to be in an area close to grocery stores, daycares and work...I so not desire a large crime area. I have a friend I can't get a hold of that stays off Rimhurst , what area is that in and is it in a good spot.....is that North East South or West.

Need help with this decision.....

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
The map in the thread below shows the relative danger of various parts of SA. It's simplistic, but if you want more details, you can get various crime statistics plotted on a map at the crimebase site on mysa.com.

//www.city-data.com/forum/823773-post7.html

MySA.com: Crimebase (http://crimebase.mysanantonio.com/ - broken link)

Rimhurst Road is in the NW part of SA, just inside Loop 1604. That's a fast-growing part of town. AFAIK, it's safe, but there's a lot of traffic there. As long as your work is fairly close by, the traffic shouldn't cause problems for you. I wouldn't want to have to travel from there to Loop 410, though. That trip to Loop 410 down Bandera Road can be slow.

Map of 7723 Rimhurst San Antonio, TX by MapQuest

Old 11-23-2007, 11:13 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,898 times
Default now I'm a bit nervous

When I looked up my street and neighborhood on that one site, it seems like there is a lot of crime in our neighborhood (break in, car thefts). Is this normal for San Antonio? It just seems like we didn't have as much crime where we are moving from. I guess that website kind of scared me a little! Any words of encouragement about moving?

Old 11-24-2007, 08:43 AM

616 posts, read 2,083,456 times
Well, what area is it? If we knew the area or the neighborhood, or a major cross street someone on here probably lives nearby and can give you an opinion.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:51 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,898 times
We are moving to Trophy Ridge near Portranco and 1604.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:58 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby View Post
Well, what area is it? If we knew the area or the neighborhood, or a major cross street someone on here probably lives nearby and can give you an opinion.
Well, unfortunately, the crime database doesn't lie. It is what it is. If she searched by her street name and several things came up, then there is probably a lot of property crime in her neighborhood. Sounds like they need a Neighborhood Watch--they really do work. We are fortunate enough to live in a cul-de-sac, and we have a watch, and we've had 3 incidents in the last 3 years. And one of those was in July and it was actually the lady next door's boyfriend that got a little too drunk and obnoxious for her liking and she had him hauled off. We all look out for each other and luckily we have some people that stay home all day. Now, the rest of the neighborhood--look out!

If you're squeamish, don't even check out the sex offender database. We probably have about 25 in our subdivision. There is an elementary school at the front of our neighborhood, and a middle school on the back end. You just have to use common sense where your kids are concerned. Mine gets dropped off and picked up from school, and he doesn't run the streets.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:16 PM

592 posts, read 2,024,673 times
I think the ne of sa is worse than the west or south side of sa the best is n nw nc between 281 and 151 all along 1604
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio