Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 08:41 AM

14 posts, read 27,831 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I created another thread under the general/finance subforum asking for some help but figure it might be more condusive to post in the local forum as well.

I'm currently trying to complete my graduate studies and having an extrememly difficult time with corporate finance. I have to complete the following 3 questions and would appreciate any help. I am not looking for someone to just post answers as I need to show all the work done to achieve the answer.

I live in San Antonio (Shavano area) and willing to pay someone for some quick tutoring to help me solve these questions and understand the concept, in person or through the forum.

Thanks in advance!

1) If you wanted to save for your child's education and predict tuition to be $35,000 a year and project her or him to begin 14 years from today. You also predict tuition inflation to be 3% for the next 5 years and then 0.25% a year thereafter. In addition, you want to stop saving the day college begins (14 years) and predict you can earn 6.89% (APR) compounded quarterly. Lastly, tuition payments are due at the start of every year. How much would you have to save every year in order to pay for 4 years of college?

2. Wait!!! Your spouse wants to send your child on a trip to Europe upon graduation (year 18) and expects it will cost $25,500. You now wish to make semi-annual payments instead of yearly payments and want to stop making payments in 11 years instead of 14 years. How much would you need to save semi-annually in order to save for the revised amount (tuition & trip)?

3. Upon reviewing your financial situation it appears you can save $5,150.00 every 6 months for the next 11 years. What effective annual rate of interest would you need to achieve in order to save for the stated goal (tuition & trip)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 09:02 PM

Anyone??

I can't believe not one person knows anything about finance around here..

Old 11-29-2013, 05:14 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmramirez009 View Post
Anyone??

Sorry.

This is why I majored in accounting.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:02 AM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
The answer is a lot and also why I am a social worker.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:33 AM

863 posts, read 866,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmramirez009 View Post
Anyone??

Have you visited your professor during his office hours to ask for help? Most professors love to chat with students during office hours and will go out of their way to help students that ask for it. Your professor can show you how to solve the problems using the methods and resources he expects you to use on his tests. If he can't help you he certainly knows tutors that can.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Sorry.

This is why I majored in accounting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
The answer is a lot and also why I am a social worker.
I hear you guys.. I'm not a finance major myself, especially not corporate finance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuero View Post
Have you visited your professor during his office hours to ask for help? Most professors love to chat with students during office hours and will go out of their way to help students that ask for it. Your professor can show you how to solve the problems using the methods and resources he expects you to use on his tests. If he can't help you he certainly knows tutors that can.
The professors hours are during the day and the program is intended for working individuals to complete in the evening. I cover 1600 miles of territory and travel throughout the entire week, so that's out fo the question for me. The professor is very aware of the challenges my cohort has been facing since day one. We did inquire about tutors to him, as well as the program chair but have yet to receive that help. I'm honestly trying to make this best of this challenge with my schedule but failing. I'm reaching out for help anywhere I can think of...

Old 12-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Bump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio