Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 07:18 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
well, no offense intended (just an observation) but since you're calling him a victim, I could see why you might think that.
No offense taken. i am still perplexed as to how a simple traffic stop was allowed to escalate in a student's death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:21 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
No offense taken. i am still perplexed as to how a simple traffic stop was allowed to escalate in a student's death.
Most everything escalates from something else.

In the particular case of traffic stops...they can only be called "simple" (or any other label) after the fact, not before. In most every case, when an Officer makes a traffic stop, he doesnt have the slightest clue as to what he is going to encounter.

This obviously was NOT a simple traffic stop.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:16 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
In most every case, when an Officer makes a traffic stop, he doesnt have the slightest clue as to what he is going to encounter.
That is the absolute truth.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:48 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,875 times
The most troubling part of the autopsy report to me is not that he was shot in the back, although that is troubling, it is that the gunshot wound to the left eye resulted from a downward shot. That means, unless the cop was shooting the gun one handed, or while standing on his patrol car, that the student had to either be already on the ground or at the very least on his knees.

How can any unarmed person, pose a lethal threat when they are laying on the ground or even on their knees?

Please, someone defend this information with some bogus claim like 'during a struggle, it is common for people to get shot in the head at a downward angle while causing a lethal threat to an officer that is more than twice the size of the accused".

Mix in the fact that the student was also shot in the back and this paints a pretty clear picture of the cop's state of mind.

I respect those that wanted to give the cop the benefit of the doubt prior to having all this infomation. Is there ANYONE out there still willing to give this cop the benefit of the doubt now that they have this information?

This was a murder, and not self defense.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:06 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
The most troubling part of the autopsy report to me is not that he was shot in the back, although that is troubling, it is that the gunshot wound to the left eye resulted from a downward shot. That means, unless the cop was shooting the gun one handed, or while standing on his patrol car, that the student had to either be already on the ground or at the very least on his knees.

How can any unarmed person, pose a lethal threat when they are laying on the ground or even on their knees?

Please, someone defend this information with some bogus claim like 'during a struggle, it is common for people to get shot in the head at a downward angle while causing a lethal threat to an officer that is more than twice the size of the accused".

Mix in the fact that the student was also shot in the back and this paints a pretty clear picture of the cop's state of mind.

I respect those that wanted to give the cop the benefit of the doubt prior to having all this infomation. Is there ANYONE out there still willing to give this cop the benefit of the doubt now that they have this information?

This was a murder, and not self defense.
Where did you do your training in forensics?

Actually, a downward shot could very well be a sign of a struggle. You said it yourself, one handed. Start wrestling with someone while trying to keep a weapon in your grasp. The high position is actually a natural instinct position.

Second, a "downward" shot could also be a level shot against a target that changed its orientation. Charge at someone with your head down, as is exactly what people tend to do when they charge someone. (lower their head)

Old 03-21-2014, 01:34 PM

336 posts, read 484,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post

I see you edited "giggles" out of your posting (#288),

but,

my question still stands (posting #289) -

"just what kind of giggles are you expecting??"

would you care to elaborate??

No

Old 03-21-2014, 02:21 PM

847 posts, read 2,231,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post
I see you edited "giggles" out of your posting (#288),

but,

my question still stands (posting #289) -

"just what kind of giggles are you expecting??"

would you care to elaborate??
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post

No
staunchcharacter, that's out of character for you.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
Where did you do your training in forensics?

Actually, a downward shot could very well be a sign of a struggle. You said it yourself, one handed. Start wrestling with someone while trying to keep a weapon in your grasp. The high position is actually a natural instinct position.

Second, a "downward" shot could also be a level shot against a target that changed its orientation. Charge at someone with your head down, as is exactly what people tend to do when they charge someone. (lower their head)
How did I know you were going to come in and still try to defend this guy?

Why don't you just change your screen name to Blue Wall?

Old 03-21-2014, 02:56 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
How did I know you were going to come in and still try to defend this guy?

Why don't you just change your screen name to Blue Wall?

it's not so much a matter of defending the officer (or any officer), but trying to show both sides.

No need to assume such things (blue wall). I'm more interested in what someone that understands this kind of thing or has experience in has to say than someone that does not.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
it's not so much a matter of defending the officer (or any officer), but trying to show both sides.

No need to assume such things (blue wall). I'm more interested in what someone that understands this kind of thing or has experience in has to say than someone that does not.
So, are you saying that as a cop, Neshomamench has professional experience with murdering unarmed civilians? I could be mistaken about this, but I want to say in a previous thread that Neshomamench had said he had never been involved in a shooting.

What I find genuinely troubling about Neshomamench's defense of this cop is, he makes statements about events that just seem to be so wildly unbelievable as though they are the most common thing in the world.

It's just such an absolutely ridiculous assertion that the course of events Neshomamench describes is a more logical conclusion than a cop, with a reputation for having an aggressive and combative personality, that had worked for 8 different police depts in the last 7 years, killed a kid because he was being a smart ass.

I honestly think it is a more believable story that the morbidly obese cop, that happened to be leaving a Whataburger drive thru, shot the kid because the kid argued so long that the cop's cheeseburger got cold.

A morbidly obese cop, more than double size of this drunk college kid, couldn't handle the scenario that was playing out, so instead of waiting for backup that actually has jurisdiction in the area, he shoots the student 5 times. Once in the back, once in the hip, once in the chest, once in the elbow and once in the eye from a downward angle. That all makes perfect sense and is completely explainable by other cops.

The kicker is, as a rational human being, my opinion of the situation has no weight at all because, apparently having not attended forensic college, my opinion is useless. We only want to listen to the opinions of the cop's colleagues - who also likely have little to no college experience in forensics. Genius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio