Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,685,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trill_hippy210 View Post
Theyre going to build an AD too?

Why you say that?
This is how rumors get started. The person asked if the Santikos was going to be like an AD. They were not saying that there would be an AD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 07:09 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,011 times
The building of this theatre has become a joke...I remember when we moved there in 2006 and were "promised" it would go up at Potranco. Then, two years ago it was going to be Culebra. Eight years in and no theatre. Maybe no funds?

Old 07-29-2014, 11:37 AM

84 posts, read 133,843 times
I guess i dont understand how the 2 theaters even relate lol Totally different theaters & ya it's been a disappointment for sometime now.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:21 PM

410 posts, read 1,249,472 times
Construction on the theater has started. Loads of equipment out there now.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:27 PM

Yes! Finally!

Old 08-13-2014, 01:32 PM

This is a city remember? Of course there's going to be density popping up everywhere. I'm glad this side of town isn't in the sticks anymore. As for the traffic it's not even that horrendous, just most people don't know how drive respectfully. If they ever build that overpass on 151 that'll free up a lot of the problem. There are way worse spots for traffic in other areas of town. We're lucky to have this much open space, cities up north don't have this luxury & I feel bad for everyone having to live on top of each other. I hear a lot of complaining whenever development starts, what do you expect? If you don't want apartment buildings & stores being built around you then why not live in the country & get away from it all?

Old 08-13-2014, 02:02 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trill_hippy210 View Post
This is a city remember? Of course there's going to be density popping up everywhere. I'm glad this side of town isn't in the sticks anymore. As for the traffic it's not even that horrendous, just most people don't know how drive respectfully. If they ever build that overpass on 151 that'll free up a lot of the problem. There are way worse spots for traffic in other areas of town. We're lucky to have this much open space, cities up north don't have this luxury & I feel bad for everyone having to live on top of each other. I hear a lot of complaining whenever development starts, what do you expect? If you don't want apartment buildings & stores being built around you then why not live in the country & get away from it all?
They want THEIR house built, and then they want everyone else to live in Houston. It's the strangest thing. There's also a big push for people to buy an existing home, because I guess you're not a good person for wanting a new house. There just aren't enough existing homes to manage the population. Again, strange.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:46 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Whenever I hear that there are not enough existing homes to manage the population, yet there are homes sitting unsold all over San Antonio, that is very strange to me.

I think it is that a lot of people live in apartments because they can not buy a home for whatever reason, leaving that already built home unsold and the potential buyers wanting to build new homes only.

I don't think used homes sell well in suburban areas until there is a shortage of new homes in suburban areas. That happens in the auto market as well, if there are not enough new cars to sell, then the used car market goes up. Point is, there is never a shortage of homes here in San Antonio in general, just new homes at times.....

Last edited by Azure110; 08-13-2014 at 03:01 PM..

Old 08-13-2014, 06:40 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,061,893 times
Surely you realized that this type of development would happen here eventually, no? This is what usually happens in suburbs around major cities.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:44 PM

427 posts, read 1,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Surely you realized that this type of development would happen here eventually, no? This is what usually happens in suburbs around major cities.
To some extent of course but I think if you see the "progress and development" over the past 3 years it is unique even to San Antonio. 99% of the new commercial construction has been fast food restaurants.

I've lived in several suburbs in several different states and no, they certainly were not like what Alamo Ranch has turned into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio