Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 07:47 PM

501 posts, read 1,045,359 times

Advertisements

Camelot is not going to be getting better anytime soon in my opinion. I work with several real estate investors (flippers), and all of them have blackballed Camelot as an investment area. This is the case with other agents I have talked to as well.

So properties will not be getting properly renovated, property values are going to continue falling, and foreclosure rates are still bad in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 07:48 PM

66 posts, read 164,813 times
Most people who live in Camelot II are there because they don't have any better options...my brother's credit is trash, I'm trying to help him and I found this house for him, which is why I'm taking this matter so personally. It's a subdivision with rowhouses, not an apartment complex, and it is absolutely horrid, I would never live in there, but at the same token, I was able to find housing elsewhere. My brother is the kind of person who's not bothered by this type of atmosphere however but I was reviewing this page: Texas Tenant Advisor
It was linked in the thread linked above and there are many, many things on that page the landlords here have neglected to provide. Off the top of my head, keys to the garage (btw, garage door is missing, it's been boarded over with plywood, classy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshardin View Post
Camelot is not going to be getting better anytime soon in my opinion. I work with several real estate investors (flippers), and all of them have blackballed Camelot as an investment area. This is the case with other agents I have talked to as well.

So properties will not be getting properly renovated, property values are going to continue falling, and foreclosure rates are still bad in the area.
Most definitely, I saw a house that was gutted and heavily vandalized, someone bought it for what I can only imagine was pennies per sq ft and remodeled it nicely....it's still for sale and they're even trying owner financing and all that to get rid of the place...flipping in that neighborhood is just not a good investment move. I'm not a pro but anyone can see that

Old 01-25-2014, 08:11 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,468,993 times
Wow.....the "Fred Sanford" design team did a number over there. Think i'd rather live in a van down by the river......jeeze!

Old 01-25-2014, 08:13 PM

501 posts, read 1,045,359 times
I would take it personally too. How bad is the credit, and how much is he wanting to spend?

*this is not a business solicitation mods*

Old 01-25-2014, 08:18 PM

847 posts, read 2,218,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyDY4 View Post

I, for safety reasons, won't put the full address but the house is on Sarepto drive in Camelot II
Serepto is one block long.

why don't you move your brother in with you??

Old 01-25-2014, 08:19 PM

I'm not sure but I'm going to keep an eye out on some apartment buildings I know of that aren't corporate owned, he got a job by the medical center so living over here isn't much practical anymore anyway

Old 01-25-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post
Serepto is one block long.

why don't you move your brother in with you??
I don't have the room and he doesn't get along with my GF. Houses in East Village are not large

Old 01-25-2014, 08:30 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,414,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyDY4 View Post
Most people who live in Camelot II are there because they don't have any better options...my brother's credit is trash, I'm trying to help him and I found this house for him, which is why I'm taking this matter so personally.
There are plenty of better options for people with bad credit as long as they don't have broken leases.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:43 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,891,837 times
Living in a slum like that, I'd pretty much plan on having a slumlord.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:15 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,746,447 times
I've moved into houses that looked similar to that. When I left, they looked nothing like that. Sorry - but I saw a lot of trash that could've been removed by your brother while he was there. I understand the mechanical things not being corrected by him - but the trash in the yard, etc.......he lived in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio