Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2008, 02:50 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,395,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
My son got a free meal at Jason's Deli for his A/B honor roll. I don't think there is anything sinister going on, other than them trying to get you in there--they know the kid isn't going alone.

I do know that Chick-Fil-A sponsors Spirit Night, and they give a portion of the sales to the school. Also, I think Papa John's or Domino's does the same thing. I think it's cool. But Chick-Fil-A gets mad busy on Spirit Night, that's for sure.
The Chick-Fil-A on Bandera does a ton for the local schools - check out their site for all their events and stuff.

We get coupons from the schools too - I don't think it's anything more than marketing, but the kids get something for their efforts and the stores get their exposure. We almost always use all the coupons they bring home!

Old 01-28-2008, 06:48 PM

5 posts, read 16,489 times
Default dentist...

hi everyone im new at this so i dont know if im doing this right but...i was wondering does anyone know anymore info on the dental office goin up in madison market? i think i read that one was goin up?

Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,374,709 times
Welcome Garza87...I have no info on the dental, but also heard one was going into Madison Market....sure wish those folks would give us some info. The only other thing I heard going it there was a Payless shoes...but that has been a while ago. Maybe that has changed.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:04 PM

5 posts, read 16,489 times
thanks...i just recently moved here i live close by and was looking for a new dental office i am a dental assistant lookin for a job but i want sumthing up to date hints "new office" haha...not too far away and i know that the area just keeps expanding so if anyone else has any info please tell

Old 01-28-2008, 07:26 PM

74 posts, read 238,838 times
What is with the "secrecy" concerning Madison's Market? Shouldn't their be some kind of posting of what is going in there? Maybe that is where the pre-opening offices for Disney San Antonio will be... Just kidding........

Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 PM

119 posts, read 541,999 times
I made the comment about the dental office. I don't recall their names, but two dentists are opening that practice in Madison's Market and plan to open in April. Another dentist is opening on Dugas in that new building going up. I believe more are going into the medical park closer to 151. An orthodontist will be open in March next to Wok Inn. If anyone wants specific recommendations, PM me.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garza87 View Post
thanks...i just recently moved here i live close by and was looking for a new dental office i am a dental assistant lookin for a job but i want sumthing up to date hints "new office" haha...not too far away and i know that the area just keeps expanding so if anyone else has any info please tell
There are a few more dental offices down Potranco on the way to 151 - Westover is very nice.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,872,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
The Chick-Fil-A on Bandera does a ton for the local schools - check out their site for all their events and stuff.

We get coupons from the schools too - I don't think it's anything more than marketing, but the kids get something for their efforts and the stores get their exposure. We almost always use all the coupons they bring home!
That Chick Fil A is having a weight loss contest right now, too! If you lose 30 pounds in six months, you win free grilled chicken sandwiches for a year. Woot!! There are other prizes for 5 pound increments, and then the grand prize--if you lose more than the owner, you get a party for 10 or so people.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:08 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,683,860 times
I was thinking about something yesterday while driving through the dreded Cuelebra/1604 traffic mess. Why did they build a Super Target at Cuelebra when there is one at Bandera? That doesn't make any sense to me. It would have made more sense to build it at Potranco/1604 where they would have been further apart and served another part of the city. Ok, just wondering! Thanks!

Old 02-01-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I was thinking about something yesterday while driving through the dreded Cuelebra/1604 traffic mess. Why did they build a Super Target at Cuelebra when there is one at Bandera? That doesn't make any sense to me. It would have made more sense to build it at Potranco/1604 where they would have been further apart and served another part of the city. Ok, just wondering! Thanks!
Because it seems that with all the growth, it's not necessarily about serving the city, but more about the monthly sales volume each store is making. We're getting another Chili's here in this area, because the store at 151/410 is doing more than twice the average in weekly sales. So they put up another store to alleviate the sales pressure, and then make more money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio