Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 10:27 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,803 times

Advertisements

Potranco Automotive has an ongoing special for free flat tire repair, which I had the opportunity to use. I would have gone anyway as a friend of ours who had quite a bit of work done recommended them.

Later on I thought the front end was way out of alignment. When I brought it in the first thing the Manager asked me is if I had looked at the tires (yes, but not up close and personal, from the side they looked okay). He went out, ran his hand over the tire and found the problem. It was warped inward near the center.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:26 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
So, you trust Potranco Automotive? Since we just moved here we don't know which mechanic to trust. We took my husbands car to Ingram Park...NEVER again! They tried to get $800 out of us, when we said no, told them to just fix what we brought it in for, and after they said come pick up your car they kept trying to tell us about more things wrong with it! I didn't care for them at all! So, hopefully Pot. Auto is a reliable, honest mechanic.
We have used Potranco Motors since 1994 when we first moved here, and they were out in the middle of NOWHERE!!! We have ALWAYS been treated very fairly, got a good job done for a good price, and they have often found that it was not as bad as first indicated and it even cost us less.

Don and his team have taken care of all our kids cars, our cars, and even told us when it was not worth putting the money into a car for our girls.

I would totally trust them...only issue is they are so good that they are ALWAYS busy now (that and they are no longer in the middle of nowhere with all the growth in this area).

Old 02-11-2008, 06:50 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,678 times
My husband trusts Potranco Automotive. He's taken our Durango there a couple times and I was surprised (pleasantly that is) by what my husband paid. I was half-expecting to pay twice what we did for some minor maintenance issues he had taken care of.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,835,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
So, you trust Potranco Automotive? Since we just moved here we don't know which mechanic to trust. We took my husbands car to Ingram Park...NEVER again! They tried to get $800 out of us, when we said no, told them to just fix what we brought it in for, and after they said come pick up your car they kept trying to tell us about more things wrong with it! I didn't care for them at all! So, hopefully Pot. Auto is a reliable, honest mechanic.
I absolutely trust them. They were my first stop when I moved here and needed an inspection and oil change. I kinda guaged it from that initial transaction that they weren't the kind to take advantage of a female customer. Don and Gary? have always been real friendly and welcoming. They've had almost all of my auto business. Sometimes the oil just has to get changed on a Saturday....

Old 02-13-2008, 07:36 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
I have a question for you business owners out there in this area - There has been some interest, but would anyone like to see a Chamber of Commerce formed specifically for the west side of SA, centered around the Potranco area? We have a biz group for Westcreek, and another called the Potranco Area Networking Luncheon, but no bonafide Chamber. We're trying to gauge support, so we can move ahead and possibly get one formed...

Anyone?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
ANNOUNCEMENT - This morning I saw a really cute dog out at the Sips building - I couldn't bring her home, we have allergies! BUT, she was recently bathed, new bridle/collar, was super friendly! It appeared that she had some past facial damage - her lower jaw was a bit crooked and one of her eyes was off color...she was scared and practically jumped into my lap! She was unhurt, tho.

ANYHOW, if you're missing a little cute brown and white dog, I saw her at Sips about 0830 today.
Just to add, for everyone in the Westcreek neighborhood, there is a "lost and found" link on the front page for things like this. If you send in a lost or found request/item/pet, we'll forward it out to the neighborhood email list asap.....

Old 02-13-2008, 10:25 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I wouldn't mind meeting people like that, but have never been involved in a chamber of commerce type thing except for attending luncheons with my dad when I was a child. I know it would help me out as far as finding a different job.

and it is so difficult for me to find dogs that are roaming around. I once found this little fur ball dog that was out one morning in some seriously cold rain and he was whining and jumped up in my arms. I had to let him go because I already have four dogs, but it was VERY hard to do that. I found out later that it was a neighbors dog. Same neighbor that always has their dogs out roaming around and never pays much attention to them. That's about as nice as I can be about them...

Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I wouldn't mind meeting people like that, but have never been involved in a chamber of commerce type thing except for attending luncheons with my dad when I was a child. I know it would help me out as far as finding a different job.
I think we're in need of an active Chamber here - the Greater Chamber (downtown) is fairly expensive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
and it is so difficult for me to find dogs that are roaming around. I once found this little fur ball dog that was out one morning in some seriously cold rain and he was whining and jumped up in my arms. I had to let him go because I already have four dogs, but it was VERY hard to do that. I found out later that it was a neighbors dog. Same neighbor that always has their dogs out roaming around and never pays much attention to them. That's about as nice as I can be about them...

That's pretty much what happened...little furby ran right up to me, if I were shorter she probably would have jumped right into my arms...I'm more worried about the traffic on Potranco being deadly to these strays/runaways, and that could be deadly to those of us that drive through there...

Old 02-14-2008, 03:34 PM

64 posts, read 180,210 times
I went by in the afternoon yesterday to see if I could find her and take her in, but I didn't see her. Hopefully, she found her way home.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:59 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,678 times
Saw two black lab mixes walking up the sidewalk on Potranco at about 7:00 tonight. So much traffic going I hate to think what's going to happen to them tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio