Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 07:33 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times

Advertisements

Ya know, I was jis thinking about how gwrober said they ran in to quite a few people they knew there tonight. People who live "inside the loop" can bag on us "suburbanites" all they want. I really think that this area is it's own little community. Everywhere I go it's seems that I run into folks I know. We know our neighbors (for the most part) and look out for each other and help each other out. I like the way this little "community" that is the Potranco/1604 area is coming together. [/quote]

I'm with you girlie!! It is nice to have things so convenient...you young whipper snappers don't remember how it was back in the good old days out this way...it was just a few of us, one Shamrock station (now Valero Superstation) and SHAMU!

Good thing there are some dentist opening up out these parts since some of us beer drinking, log sittin, sketter swatten ordinary folk still have a tooth or two left!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:40 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Ya know, I was jis thinking about how gwrober said they ran in to quite a few people they knew there tonight. People who live "inside the loop" can bag on us "suburbanites" all they want. I really think that this area is it's own little community. Everywhere I go it's seems that I run into folks I know. We know our neighbors (for the most part) and look out for each other and help each other out. I like the way this little "community" that is the Potranco/1604 area is coming together.

I just emailed them, and told them how much we enjoyed our first visit and ran into a bunch of our friends. I also sent them a link to this thread, and mentioned all the praise they've been getting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I'm with you girlie!! It is nice to have things so convenient...you young whipper snappers don't remember how it was back in the good old days out this way...it was just a few of us, one Shamrock station (now Valero Superstation) and SHAMU!

Good thing there are some dentist opening up out these parts since some of us beer drinking, log sittin, sketter swatten ordinary folk still have a tooth or two left!
I remember when you knew how far down 1604 you were by what SINGLE building you just drove by - the gas station, or the the single traffic light at Culebra, etc...must be getting on in my yeras...

And you don't need teeth to drink beer!! I'll be proof of that in my old age, if jimbobvandy doesn't get his hands on my grill first...

Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
I think y'all need to be buyin' Rudolfo a sixer of Lone Star Light, a can of Raid, a coupla packs of HEB weenies, light up them there logs, and have you a regular Texas-style shindig. And don't forget the Ranch style beans.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:53 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Heh! Sounds like a plan Sapphire!! When and where? (I hafta admit, I'm a sucker for Ranch Style beans cooked over a campfire. )

Old 03-12-2008, 07:53 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I think y'all need to be buyin' Rudolfo a sixer of Lone Star Light, a can of Raid, a coupla packs of HEB weenies, light up them there logs, and have you a regular Texas-style shindig. And don't forget the Ranch style beans.

don't forget the moon pies

Old 03-12-2008, 08:02 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
don't forget the moon pies
Aww, ya had to bring those up, didn't ya?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:26 PM

I wonder if it would go over well - instead of a CD meet up, why not a CD-SA camping trip/weekend party?!? There are plenty of campsites around SA!!! We can get all the fires and beans going that we want!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:31 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I wonder if it would go over well - instead of a CD meet up, why not a CD-SA camping trip/weekend party?!? There are plenty of campsites around SA!!! We can get all the fires and beans going that we want!
Honestly, that would really be fun! Get workin' on it, oh gawd of the fishing trips!! (Jis make sure that it's a campground that has hot showers and electricity please! LOL! Our little pop-up has neither.)

Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 PM

Oh, for those of you that haven't been to Which Wich yet, here's a close up of my delicious sandwich that lasted about 5 minutes:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r142/gwrober/CopyofIMG_0307.jpg (broken link)

Moderator cut: links to personal blogs/websites are not allowed in the forums

Last edited by da jammer; 03-18-2008 at 09:40 AM..

Old 03-12-2008, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,379 times
Default Which Wich is so happy to be open and a part of your community!!!

Hi All,

My name is Paul Bordelon, and I am one of the owner/operators of Which Wich in San Antonio. I cannot thank you enough for your patience with our opening and for your positive support. I believe several of you met my wife, Carrie, tonight, and I can't wait to meet each of you personally as well. We are really looking forward to becoming a member of your community. A special thanks goes out to George for letting me know about this tread.

We've really put our heart and souls into this project and hope that it is something you will enjoy. Please, never hesitate to ask for us when you visit the restaurant. Once again, thanks for your support, we can't tell you how much it means to us!!!

Moderator cut: advertising in the forums is not allowed

The photo, from left to right, Erika Moore, Chris Rankin, Carrie Bordelon, Paul Bordelon
Attached Thumbnails
Potranco and 1604-potranco-owner-image.jpg  

Last edited by da jammer; 03-18-2008 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio