Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2007, 09:03 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Just found this forum recently and have enjoyed all the good information that is here. A word about all that is going on over by the HEB plus at Potranco. My daughter works for Kohl's and she keeps telling us that no one she has talked to believes a Kohl's is going in across from the HEB. She has been told that a Kohl's is supposed to go in at the 410/151 "exchange", but who knows. By the way, saw a new sign for a Wash Tub in the HEB lot. Again, just what we need in this area. Nail places and car washes, but you can't find a decent restaurant unless you get up to Culebra and 1604 or 151/410. Don't we get a say in any of this??
Welcome Trophy Ridger, Westcreeker here. Originally, word was that they would put a Kohl's at Loop 1604 and Military Drive West, and now it shows it next to HEB Plus in a commercial realtor web site (listed in this thread I believe). If it does happen, your daughter could transfer and be real close to home! As for restaurants, I read in this thread there is supposed to be a Chili's just north of Bill Miller's on Loop 1604. There is also room on the HEB Plus property. We definitely need some restaurants in this area!

Old 02-03-2007, 01:26 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Just found this froum recently and have enjoyed all the good information that is here. A word about all that is going on over by the HEB plus at Potanco. My daughter works for Kohl's and she keeps telling us that no one she has talked to believes a Kohl's is going in across from the HEB. She has been told that a Kohl's is supposed to go in at the 410/151 "exchange", but who knows. By the way, saw a new sign for a Wash Tub in the HEB lot. Again, just what we need in this area. Nail places and car washes, but you can't find a decent restaurant unless you get up to Culebra and 1604 or 151/410. Don't we get a say in any of this??
Ohhh...I am SOOOOO with you on that one. Wouldn't it be nice to have a good restaurant closer to home?? We have limited fast food types, but I think if they put in something other than a Chili's I would be thrilled. There is a Chilis 3 miles down the road for goodness sakes...why not something different????

Old 02-04-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
...By the way, saw a new sign for a Wash Tub in the HEB lot...
I saw that Wash Tub sign today. If that land belongs to HEB, then why are they allowing another car wash when they have one of their own at their gas station? Also, there is another car was just across the street next to Texaco. I also see the Madison's Strip Mall has begun across from Walmart Supercenter. That's what we need....another strip mall on Potranco!

Old 02-04-2007, 04:14 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I saw that Wash Tub sign today. If that land belongs to HEB, then why are they allowing another car wash when they have one of their own at their gas station? Also, there is another car was just across the street next to Texaco. I also see the Madison's Strip Mall has begun across from Walmart Supercenter. That's what we need....another strip mall on Potranco!
Well, if there HAS to be another strip mall on Potranco...how about a Wing Stop, or Firehouse Sub or SOMETHING a little different than everything 3 miles down the road at Culebra????? One would think the opportunity would be HUGE...I know the Domino's Pizza on Potranco does a BOOMING business...nice to get a pizza delivered in Westcreek in 20 minutes!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:00 PM

422 posts, read 1,450,736 times
I've noticed just a little north of the Shell on Military and 1604 there's a Santikos.com sign. Is that just land Santiko's invested in, or were they once going to build thier new theater there?

Old 02-06-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
I've noticed just a little north of the Shell on Military and 1604 there's a Santikos.com sign. Is that just land Santiko's invested in, or were they once going to build their new theater there?
It is land they own. You can see another sign on Loop 1604 heading north from Potranco. Their theater will be further south from the Valero at Loop 1604 and Potranco.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:30 PM

12 posts, read 43,452 times
can anyone tell me anything about 1604 on the east side. We are looking at Adkins. Trying to decide what direction would be best. I love this forum.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:59 PM

14 posts, read 50,570 times
Thumbs up Potranco & 1604 - Car Wash Galore!!

3 car wash locations & 3 nail/hair salon spots at the HEB Plus! immediate area - wow!! I think that says a lot about our sense of vanity as a society.

Anyway, is anyone smartened up about any EPA regulations/restrictions that come with with car washes? The high concentration of car washes at the Potranco and 1604 area seems to pave the way for a lot of excess water usage, as well as polluted and detergent-ridden water run-off.

I've heard talk of an increased taxes (or fees) for water usage in town once the aquifer drops below a certain level. All of these car wash facilities definitely increase our local water consumption. Is anyone aware of EPA watchdogs ensuring our environmental conditions & fees are kept in check?

tWeeds

Old 02-11-2007, 10:52 PM

797 posts, read 2,992,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweeds View Post
3 car wash locations & 3 nail/hair salon spots at the HEB Plus! immediate area - wow!! I think that says a lot about our sense of vanity as a society.

Anyway, is anyone smartened up about any EPA regulations/restrictions that come with with car washes? The high concentration of car washes at the Potranco and 1604 area seems to pave the way for a lot of excess water usage, as well as polluted and detergent-ridden water run-off.

I've heard talk of an increased taxes (or fees) for water usage in town once the aquifer drops below a certain level. All of these car wash facilities definitely increase our local water consumption. Is anyone aware of EPA watchdogs ensuring our environmental conditions & fees are kept in check?

tWeeds
Whats with all the car washing? Coming from the NW where car washing is pointless I have never washed my car more than twice a year and usually I do it myself with a garden hose a bucket of soapy water. I have never seen so many car washes in one city. Unless it rains or you pass through heavy construction areas regularly how dirty can your car get to need so many options for getting a car wash?

Old 02-12-2007, 12:26 PM

77 posts, read 480,896 times
I just dont like it when they build and only half of the stores are occupied. We have enough nail salons, car washs and self storage areas. Why not..
a video store (Hollywood or b-buster) nearest one is either on Marbach or Culebra.
a decent VIA route along Potranco (taking the 613 to Ingram Park one way takes 2 transfers and almost 2 hours)
some GOOD eateries (not another pizza place)
and
I was just wondering has anybody noticed the unsightly graffitti thats been popping up along Potranco recently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio