Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 05:13 PM

24 posts, read 45,613 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much everyone! Anyone have any thoughts on Ciobolo/Schertz area?

I am hearing comflicting reports on the commute form 281/Stone Oak to FSH. If you or someone you know lives off of 281, please tell me what the AM commute is at 6-6:30AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 05:17 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Schertz/Cibolo will be a comparable commute as the Stone Oak area. There is construction going on up and down 35, closer to Cibolo and then right near Fort Sam. Since 35 is an interstate there is lots of truck traffic at all times of the day. The lanes are pretty narrow with the construction and it scares me a bit (But I'm a girl who drives a Jeep so...) The Stone Oak commute is more congestion from the neighborhood. I'd take that any day of the week before I get on 35 headed toward Fort Sam. For right now the only reason I would drive near 35/410 is if someone pays me.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:08 PM

584 posts, read 1,192,520 times
Commuting out of Stone at at 6 - 6:30 am will not be bad at all. The traffic in the area begins later once there is school traffic. Traffic on 281 seems to start later. My husband and I travel out of Stone Oak between those times and we don't have any issues at that time frame.

Coming home traffic will be heavy. We do not bring 281 home though. We both travel Blanco. My husband bring Blanco Road from 410 all the way to Wilderness Oak. Does not have all the traffic sitting on 281. Bulverde road is currently being worked on (I think it is still under construction but it could be done). This is off 1604 and it seems that if you live off that road once completed that traffic there will flow pretty well also.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:32 AM

950 posts, read 1,258,283 times
If you move to the Schertz-Cibolo area as a local you can also go FM78 down to Fort Sam Houston. It comes out near the the new SAMC hospital,which I still call BAMC. You can go IH35 South to Loop410 and get off at Harry Wuzbach exit which will also take you to Fort Sam Houston. The road at SAMC is George Beach Boulevarde.It has an exit off of IH35 as does North New Braunfels.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:33 PM

36 posts, read 67,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Hilarious considering that there are great NEISD schools 10 minutes away from Ft Sam. Doing a little calculations. Your husband is spending 173 hours in a needless commute. Thats more than 7 days. A week that he could be spending with you and your children.
Thank you for your opinion, there are many other reasons we chose to live where we do, I was simply offering a recommendation on our school district, I realize the school zones are large and we could have lived closer to ft.sam we chose not to.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:45 PM

36 posts, read 67,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFab40 View Post

I am hearing comflicting reports on the commute form 281/Stone Oak to FSH. If you or someone you know lives off of 281, please tell me what the AM commute is at 6-6:30AM.
The AM commute at that time in the morning will be clear and jam free, seems the closer to 7-730ish it starts to get congested, 281 that is. Will be lighter in the summer due to schools, we noticed a difference July compared to September traffic wise, but again at that time smooth sailing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio