Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 07:15 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,332,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Really??? Look right across the street from Walgreens behind the Self-Storage complex. Cops are in there all the time dealing with ghetto, hoodrat type issues. A lady I used to work with lives in there. She doesn't let her kids out at night. Just sayin'.
Yet folks think we're elitests to not want that in our neighborhood. Agreed, people need a place to live but you can't blame folks for not wanting the activity that all too often happens with low income housing. Just becsuse you are low income doesn't mean ya have to act ghetto. I know plenty of folks with minimal means who act decent and respectful of themselves and others. If it could be garanteed that is all that would move in I'd welcome them with open arms. If not, no thank you. JMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 06:26 PM

5 posts, read 8,180 times
Default Silver Oaks Homeowner Concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeltran428 View Post
I am a homeowner in the Alamo Ranch area and I have some information to share that was passed on to me by our community representative. Those of you that live in the area may have heard about an online petition that was started in the community that was against the proposed building of Low Income Housing on Wild Pine next to the Alamo Ranch Apartments. That petition was designed to get the attention of City officials and it worked. An official petition is now needed so that city officials Sergio "Chico" Rodriguez, Aurora Sanchez, and Judge Wolfe can take those signatures to Austin to further oppose the issue and keep low income housing out of Alamo Ranch. Community representatives will be at the Community Center and Pool Area at the Terraces at Alamo Ranch at 5715 Pioneer Path this afternoon only from 6:00-8:30pm. The gates will be open until 8:30pm so that anyone that is interested in signing the petition can stop by. Any member of your household 18+ is eligible to sign.
Can u give me details on how to create same petition for Silver Oaks due to same concern? Maybe we can merge petitions?

Old 09-05-2014, 01:58 PM

136 posts, read 224,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaalex View Post
Can u give me details on how to create same petition for Silver Oaks due to same concern? Maybe we can merge petitions?
I didn't have anything to do with the petition itself. I only spread the info. The petition was spearheaded by some of the neighborhood representatives in a few of the Alamo Ranch Neighborhoods. As far as I know the first step was to contact city and county officials and area representatives about the disagreement on the community's part over the vote that was made. It came down to the city having made a decision that would affect our community without the developer or the city giving the community prior or proper notification of the plan before proceeding. That is actually one of the rules when applying for the low income tax credit. Some of the officials pulled their vote and the application was denied.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:24 PM

30 posts, read 88,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaalex View Post
There is already a petition started for this.

Google: Ipetitions Stop Section 8 Apartment Development on N FM 1560

Spread the word!

Last edited by funnyhaha; 09-07-2014 at 01:44 PM..

Old 09-09-2014, 04:54 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,442,961 times
I wish these low income houses were built in the neighborhoods that have a majority of folks that support it. I know the rich always support this, so build it in the dominion. Them you will see how fast they don't support it.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:27 PM

2,600 posts, read 8,730,354 times
You can get 1,000,000 signatures and thousands homeowners along with these city officials and when its all said and done, they will still build them !!!!

Reason: More Money For The City !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio