Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 09:45 AM

4,329 posts, read 7,235,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
I've worked in office buildings all over the country. Never once can I remember the AC being out for more than an hour. Internet, network, and phones yes, but AC/heat, never.
In one of the office buildings (a "Class A" property) I worked in here in San Antonio, one of the building's chillers went down in the middle of summer. By the afternoon, it was getting pretty warm in there - felt like it wasn't working at all. The property management's contractor had been called in that morning, identified the problem, and got the necessary replacement component on order, with overnight delivery. The system was outage was rectified the next day.

The diesel generators that many commercial buildings have is intended to maintain minimum building power for safety purposes, during brief power outages. I can't think of any commercial building I've been in that had a power outage lasting more than an hour, or maybe two. At home, though, I've had several that have lasted more than four hours, usually storm-related.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 09:46 AM

838 posts, read 1,211,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Do you ever stop making issues up. You sound extremely envious and sad....

Some Question Merit Of Venue Tax Extension For AT&T Center - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

I have a good friend that works fairly high up in the Spurs organization. I can assure you, the bulk of this venue tax money was spent upgrading the luxury suites at the AT&T Center, as more and more companies have chosen not to renew their luxury suites over the past couple of years.

Bexar County Approves AT&T Center Upgrades | Project Spurs

This new tax payer money being spent, while I have had no validation that the bulk of it is going to upgrade luxury suites, I certainly wouldn't be surprised to hear that it is.

Sorry you are unable to hear the truth without getting your feathers ruffled. I don't 'make issues up'.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:57 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
Some Question Merit Of Venue Tax Extension For AT&T Center - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global

I have a good friend that works fairly high up in the Spurs organization. I can assure you, the bulk of this venue tax money was spent upgrading the luxury suites at the AT&T Center, as more and more companies have chosen not to renew their luxury suites over the past couple of years.

Bexar County Approves AT&T Center Upgrades | Project Spurs

This new tax payer money being spent, while I have had no validation that the bulk of it is going to upgrade luxury suites, I certainly wouldn't be surprised to hear that it is.

Sorry you are unable to hear the truth without getting your feathers ruffled. I don't 'make issues up'.
Bexar County owns the arena though.

The AT&T center host many events for local residents to watch. Unfortunately we have to continue to fix up the center so we can compete with other cities for events. It seems like a nonissue especially considering a majority of the tax is payed by guest....

Old 06-07-2014, 10:13 AM

838 posts, read 1,211,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Bexar County owns the arena though.

The AT&T center host many events for local residents to watch. Unfortunately we have to continue to fix up the center so we can compete with other cities for events. It seems like a nonissue especially considering a majority of the tax is payed by guest....
It's tax payer money, no matter who the tax payers are. Locals rent cars in San Antonio at a much higher rate than visitors. I don't consider it a non-issue when they say 'we need $165 million to upgrade our $193 million dollar facility 5 years after it was built.'

My non-made up issue is, voters aren't aware how much of the tax money is being spent on the small number of people that buy the luxury suites. I made a tongue in cheek comment that, based on the AC issue, maybe they could raise another $100+ million tax payer dollars to, mostly, upgrade their luxury suites and maybe they could mix in some AC repairs too.

Sorry the irony and humor of the comment was lost on you.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:52 AM

318 posts, read 570,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Somewhat akin to going to a Missions' game of a preseason high school football scrimmage?
Yes, but without the benefit of a breeze!

Old 06-07-2014, 10:57 AM

318 posts, read 570,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
wow! crazy. def wasnt like that where i was. heat lowers i guess there lol. and awesome seats btw
That's odd - I figured it was much hotter in the upper sections. And, thanks, I love the Spurs and share the seats with a friend, so I'm not there for every game, but I go as often as I can. I couldn't miss the Finals!

I do wish the arena was downtown - it would make it a little easier driving home afterwards to Boerne, plus it would be great to have walkable amenities pre and post-game. I can dream, I suppose...

Old 06-09-2014, 11:00 AM

381 posts, read 1,093,090 times
I know some people who went to Game 1 and told me that the credit card machines were down in the Concessions areas, at least before the start of the game. Concessions were having to turn everyone away that could only pay with credit card.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:09 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstmom View Post
I know some people who went to Game 1 and told me that the credit card machines were down in the Concessions areas, at least before the start of the game. Concessions were having to turn everyone away that could only pay with credit card.
I can't imagine what all the NBA finals fans visiting our city think.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:52 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I can't imagine what all the NBA finals fans visiting our city think.
Hopefully it doesnt have much effect on their opinion. It isnt like it was the Spurs first finals and they blew it with the game experience. Sounds like it was just a bad night at the arena.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:22 PM

336 posts, read 484,102 times
What was equally as bad was the unprofessional, badly written statement that the ATT Center handed to the network. It sounded like it was put together by a five year old.

Class it up San Antonio: We're on a national stage with this one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio