Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 AM

8 posts, read 16,140 times

Advertisements

I wish KB luck in selling the new homes. Whether it is 1 family, 3 families, or 30 families with kblies paraphernalia wouldn't matter to me if i was buying a home. I moved here from out of town and was hesitant to buy in this neighborhood because of the feedback I received from co-workers about their reputation. Had I seen 1 sign, I would have made a different decision.

At this point, i just wish the signs went up earlier prior to my purchase so i wouldn't have to deal with this kb nonsense. Everytime i tell someone where i live and who my builder is, I get a funny look and i am stuck defending my purchase. Lately, I get the response "I told you so" from my co-workers that previously warned me.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:33 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,723,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIX159 View Post
I wish KB luck in selling the new homes. Whether it is 1 family, 3 families, or 30 families with kblies paraphernalia wouldn't matter to me if i was buying a home. I moved here from out of town and was hesitant to buy in this neighborhood because of the feedback I received from co-workers about their reputation. Had I seen 1 sign, I would have made a different decision.

At this point, i just wish the signs went up earlier prior to my purchase so i wouldn't have to deal with this kb nonsense. Everytime i tell someone where i live and who my builder is, I get a funny look and i am stuck defending my purchase. Lately, I get the response "I told you so" from my co-workers that previously warned me.
Again, I am sorry you don't like your home and have been unhappy.

Just curious though - what do you think of the direction with the new floorplans? My neighbors all agree that it is a significant improvement. Your thoughts?

You know, I would sympathize with the KBLies folks if they were protesting due to quality issues had KB built them a defective home. But that isn't the case. They have all told me that they love their houses - one even had me in his home to show off how nice it was - and it was nice - one of the nicest in the Quarry that I have been in. Right now what the Quarry needs is for KB to finish the subdivision as soon as possible so there is no risk of them selling out to another builder. We could end up with a cheaper builder or just another builder that came in and put in poorly built houses with minimal brick/stone. That woudl be much worse than the new plans KB has brought to the Quarry. The KBLies folks may end up hurting themselves all the more if that happens. They need to give the new line a chance to be successful or we could end up in a much worse situation.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:41 AM

431 posts, read 1,198,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
Right now what the Quarry needs is for KB to finish the subdivision as soon as possible so there is no risk of them selling out to another builder. We could end up with a cheaper builder or just another builder that came in and put in poorly built houses with minimal brick/stone....
Like KB Home? Oh, wait...

But seriously, I can't think of one single builder (current) that has a worse reputation.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
Like KB Home? Oh, wait...

But seriously, I can't think of one single builder (current) that has a worse reputation.
Compare product offering...have you even seen the Quarry? We in the Quarry could do a lot worse if another builder were to come in with a lower standard of construction and finish out came in. Like Centex, McMillian even some of Pulte's nicer communities have less standard exterior features.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:48 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,140,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
This is really funny..........people fighting over McHouses.......and which homebuilder is the biggest "liar". With respect to the "KB Lies" crowd, never has the addage "you get what you pay for" been more true. But ALL the public production builders are the same; Horton, Centex, Pulte, and others have all "re-tooled" their "product" to hit lower price-points, and in multiple subdivisions.

This, of course, is what you get when you buy mass-produced housing in mass-produced subdivisions.

And no one who owns a home in an active subdivision is immune. As banks foreclose on subdivisions (for any number of reasons), prices will be reset, and builders will reduce their pricing.

One more reason to be leery of the 'burbs...

Actually, this whole thread has been good for quite a few laughs, watching people brag about how many air conditioners or heating zones their house has, or how many walls have stonework, and how big their garages are.

A nice house is a very nice thing - I myself have a small, beautiful custom-built home that I enjoy quite a bit, but it's JUST STUFF. Why anyone would go to such lengths to tout and defend their choice of a home is really beyond me.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:16 PM

410 posts, read 1,246,232 times
I think the 4-sides brick discussion is a valid point!

How else are you going to keep reality out?

Sorry, had to take that one...

Old 02-26-2009, 03:27 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,468,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbug View Post
Actually, this whole thread has been good for quite a few laughs, watching people brag about how many air conditioners or heating zones their house has, or how many walls have stonework, and how big their garages are.

A nice house is a very nice thing - I myself have a small, beautiful custom-built home that I enjoy quite a bit, but it's JUST STUFF. Why anyone would go to such lengths to tout and defend their choice of a home is really beyond me.
well said...this thread really has gone on way to long...at this point it's mere entertainment --- the value of it has lost it's way a looong time ago...

Old 02-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
well said...this thread really has gone on way to long...at this point it's mere entertainment --- the value of it has lost it's way a looong time ago...
And yet folks keep coming back and posting...

Now back to issues about the Quarry at Iron Mountain...

Old 02-26-2009, 04:35 PM

410 posts, read 1,246,232 times
That's the thing, "folks" aren't posting, it's really a one man thread.

Total Posts: 448
User Name Posts
banker 213
firstclassflyer 24
joe123456 24
scuba steve 17
datacity 10
texdav 10
nrlatsha 9
allylang1 9
JZ31171 8
playmaker7206 8
mrstxcop 7
jams33 7
ejf1mom 6
Texan in Virginia 6
Latinocowboy 6
peterminator 6
aggie4ever01 5
cheermomof4girls 5
NIX159 4
mastercone 3
Retired-&-going-back-2-CA 3
mama76 3
jas2389 3
LivingLikeAGradStudent 2
home inspector 2
Big Guy 2
drusifer 2
ryneone 2
wCat 2
Midorigreen 2
Turtle_Mom 2
sapphire 2

Old 02-26-2009, 05:26 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,468,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
Now back to issues about the Quarry at Iron Mountain...
that's just it, i don't think anyone really cares anymore...it's not like if the thread, God forbid, found it's way to page 2 that people would start asking "hey, where's the Quarry thread"??? --- time to let it rest maybe???

oh, and make my post count 8...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio