Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,743,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
I believe the word is glulam.
Also known as an LVL...ok...now I know what you are talking about!! My house has these at all interior and exterior doors as well as all window headers. They used these in the model home...so I would assume they would be in the production versions...but since none of the new houses have been sold I can't comment for sure. I would suspect that they would.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 PM

8 posts, read 16,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
you know, you make a really really good point --- you are so correct --- this is their premier line, best of the best, nothing else like it in san antonio...and yet there are STILL kblies.com signs, disgruntled homeowners, and lots that were once filled with trees mowed over...

i guess to try to put a positive spin on the situation people can atleast say that KB is consistent...

i know there are disgruntled homeowners with ALL builders ... but very few have gone to the extent that KB homeowners have gone to...

Based upon the building standards of the new homes, it sounds like they are an imitation Liberty home series. This same series sold in Austin goes by a different name.
I think the above post sums up my experience living in this neighborhood. Only a KB neighborhood can generate this much attention. I should have listed my home for sale a few months ago like my gut told me.
I had some family over during the weekend, and the first thing discussed was the KBLies signs and the signs that people have in their car windshields that say “I love my kb home”. From a group of outsiders, it was a quick observation that there are two opposing factions battling in the neighborhood. The loving KB signs just draws more attention to the problem. Almost every house in the neighborhood has some sort of sign. Either a for sale sign or I love my KB home sign. Now there is an official cyber war launched by some residents with their blog, that probably does more harm than good because it is just negative attention.

There are now protesters protesting the protesters. Why would a homebuyer voluntarily put themselves in the middle of this?
I think this forum is partly to blame too. What other premiere neighborhood can you think of in San Antonio that has a 51 page blog dedicated to it? It will probably be close to 200 pages before the neighborhood of 100 homes is complete.
One thing I have in common with banker is that I am always defending my purchase of a KB Home.
It is sad to say, but this neighborhood has officially jumped the shark…
It is not normal to drive through a neighborhood and see signs that say “I love my KB home” or KBLies.com.Moderator cut: see comment Even in this tough economy, it is not normal in San Antonio to see about 1/3 of the homes for sale in such a new neighborhood.
Trivia Question: What other neighborhood in San Antonio do you know that is discussed and defended this much, has such high publicity, has almost 1/3 homes for sale, and is covered with signs?

Last edited by Bo; 04-14-2009 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: I'll DM you about this.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:36 AM

19 posts, read 70,754 times
Wow. Reading through all that takes awhile. I've been keeping up on the whole KB controversy since I first read about it. I've worked with KB in their communities (doing open houses) and have enjoyed my experience (I've even done some at Quarry at Iron Mountain before the KBlies stuff really took off). I've spoken to residents at Sundance, Woods Of Alon, and Quarry at Iron Mountain on different occasions and have heard both sides. I think the Sundance residents did it best when they were upset. They tried very hard to work out the problems with KB. Tempers flared and things got "ugly" from time to time, but overall they kept their cool and worked on the problems.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Banker has moved in and the process of his move has been thoroughly documented, so there is little reason for this topic to continue. Since the topic has been exhausted, it will remain in the forum for future reference, but will no longer be updated with new posts. Thread closed.

Now that City-Data has a blog feature, which it didn't have at the thread's outset, the ongoing saga of the neighborhood's growth and development would make an excellent blog topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio