Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 AM

422 posts, read 1,445,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I'm an avid deals-site shopper. Price mistakes happen frequently and this one was a doozy. There's no way the company would sell a hotly-anticipated game for half of what other sites are selling it for. Sites like Wal-Mart have airtight disclaimers buried on their site that protect them when these things happen. When you order an item with a price-mistake, you're basically rolling the dice that the site won't notice. When they do notice, your order gets cancelled and you dust yourself off and move on. It's not worth getting upset about.

Well, this was the first and last time I order anything from walmart.com. Trust me, when I shop online, i'm not looking at walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 05:16 PM

30 posts, read 134,636 times
You would all be suprised that Game Stop has them too! I went before Christmas and they had them and nobody was buyin them. I've had mine for a while now and that's where I got mine.

I was actually at the one in Ingram Mall and they had like 3.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:43 AM

3 posts, read 6,941 times
In search of wii
My search started in mid-october when my 10 year old son asked for a wii for Christmas. I knew from the start that I had to find him one because of the connection with my name. You see, my name is William Isaac Ishman with my initials being WII and my sons name being William Isaac Ishman the 2nd, WII 2. As a matter of fact my wife refers to us as wii 1 and wii 2. Every weekend in October and November my time was spent searching all stores in the city I live in, including walmart,toys r us, best buy,circuit city,comp USA and many others with no results. I spent hours standing in lines and even witnessed a fight in best buy, when two elderly men reached for the last wii. When December arrived I was about to tell my son that their would probably be no wii for Christmas this year, but first I wanted to give the online stores a try. I check all of the big box stores, always with the same results"out of stock". I ended up checking a couple of the wii tracker sites, and their it was at amazon.com "in stock". Amazon was selling the wii for $250.00 that morning. I immediately went to their site and purchased one.It was worth every penny just to see the look on my sons (wii 2) face Christmas morning. The wii trackers had really done the job for me.

PS3 Finder
Nintendo Wii Tracker - Find Nintendo Wii In Stock Online

Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 PM

Default How to find a wii

I finally got a wii after searching the stores in my city for three months. I stood in lines for hours and made many phone calls to most of the stores without any luck. I decided to continue my wii search on line and ended up on a wii tracker web site. Their it was, the flashing in stock sign that stated amazon had the wii in stock for its retail price of $250.00.I highly recommend these wii tracker sites if you are trying to find a wii.
PS3 Finder

Old 01-18-2008, 08:51 PM

422 posts, read 1,445,660 times
Walmart is trying to buy my love back:

Dear Creekknoll,

We apologize for our recent video game pricing error and the incorrect information included in our follow up e-mail correspondence with you.

As we are always striving to provide a positive customer experience, we will be sending you a $10 electronic Gift Card toward a future purchase as an apology for your recent experience. (One Gift Card per affected customer; this card can only be used online at Walmart.com. Look for details in a separate email.)

As a reminder, your payment method was never charged for the canceled items. Any related authorization hold on your credit or debit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution's holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:41 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,266,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Walmart is trying to buy my love back:

Dear Creekknoll,

We apologize for our recent video game pricing error and the incorrect information included in our follow up e-mail correspondence with you.

As we are always striving to provide a positive customer experience, we will be sending you a $10 electronic Gift Card toward a future purchase as an apology for your recent experience. (One Gift Card per affected customer; this card can only be used online at Walmart.com. Look for details in a separate email.)

As a reminder, your payment method was never charged for the canceled items. Any related authorization hold on your credit or debit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution's holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.
Don't give it to them.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,267,235 times
I got that same e-mail last night, but it's not good enough. I'm guessing they got a whiff of some lawyers headed their way and are trying to smell a little less evil.. they are though and I'm definitely gone forever when it comes to them.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:21 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,810,556 times
I got one too...not going to use it.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:58 AM

Default Where to find a wii

I highly recommend these wii tracker sites if you are trying to find a wii.
PS3 Finder

Old 03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,949,967 times
I just got a Wii from Amazon this week, using the text message alerts feature on Wii Alerts - The only site you need to find a Wii. And it's free!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio